Food Timing, Looking for Feedback / Suggestions

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Do you actually use them and if so anything you recommend? Also, what about studies stating that due to it using AMPK track it can inhibit protein synthesis? I’d seriously like thoughts. I’m interested in whatever can help.
Yes I use them. Berberine 600mg 3-4x daily with bitter melon extract and caffeine free green tea extract.
Don’t care about the studies honestly I’ve never seen one done on people trying to get as big and lean as possible on gear.
Most studies whether diet, training or supplement related don’t really apply to my demographic

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Yes I use them. Berberine 600mg 3-4x daily with bitter melon extract and caffeine free green tea extract.
Don’t care about the studies honestly I’ve never seen one done on people trying to get as big and lean as possible on gear.
Most studies whether diet, training or supplement related don’t really apply to my demographic
What have you noticed with the Berberine? I have some, and Metformin too, on the way. I was going to take 500mg 3x per day on the Berberine.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
What have you noticed with the Berberine? I have some, and Metformin too, on the way. I was going to take 500mg 3x per day on the Berberine.
I didn’t like metformin personally. With berberine I notice better recovery, pumps and fatloss vs weight loss. I also don’t go hypo and feel like I’m having a stroke or heart attack like I do without it.

Reactions: CJ

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Farts, man

So many farts.

Reaction score
8063b4d85ce87a3209b31bd0954104fc.jpg

a8fb55a977259dc842586f919c2ca834.jpg

it’s good that you’re looking for help because you don’t have abs and you have very little muscle. something is not right with your diet and training unless this is your goal to look like this.

is there a reason why you don’t have abs and are not lean?
Those pics aren't bad, you should have seen me 3.5 years ago:
20220618_000913.jpg

I had some heart issues the past year and a half that have slowed my progress.

Other than that, I'm not really trying to have abs right now, that's not a huge deal for me. I look so much better than I did in this pic, that I'd be happy even if I were stuck like I am now for the rest of my days.

Just trying to get bigger for the time being. My goal for the next few years is to get up to 220 lbs. My bf will stay about the same, it doesn't usually fluctuate much. I might try to lean out after I hit 220, but who knows.

Reaction score
I didn’t like metformin personally. With berberine I notice better recovery, pumps and fatloss vs weight loss. I also don’t go hypo and feel like I’m having a stroke or heart attack like I do without it.
How much of berberine are you taking? From your personal experience, is it helping with muscle building? The reason I am asking is because there is a study showing berberine causing muscle atrophy but the delivery method could cause this according to other study...

Reaction score
How much of berberine are you taking? From your personal experience, is it helping with muscle building? The reason I am asking is because there is a study showing berberine causing muscle atrophy but the delivery method could cause this according to other study...
I take 3x500 mg of berberine daily. From my personal experience, I have noticed some benefits in terms of muscle building. However, it's important to consider the conflicting studies on berberine's impact on muscle atrophy. One study suggests that berberine could potentially cause muscle atrophy, but it's worth noting that the delivery method may play a role in this outcome, as suggested by another study. It's always advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before incorporating any new supplements into your routine, especially if you have concerns about their potential effects on muscle building. Personal experiences can vary, and it's essential to make informed decisions based on the available research and professional guidance.

New Threads