I Miss the Good Old Days...

Stickler

Elite
Reaction score
Will they freeze the membership for you at least?
Good question, not sure, might look into it. I was hoping more for the side of, I'll figure out a way to get there. It sucks.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Good question, not sure, might look into it. I was hoping more for the side of, I'll figure out a way to get there. It sucks.
Bike there, it's your warmup and cardio.

Stickler

Elite
Reaction score
Bike there, it's your warmup and cardio.
My girl has a mountain bike in her shed. I already asked her about it. I just did a google maps from my house. It's about 25 miles one way. And on the way there it's pretty much uphill from where I live. Plus, I've NEVER biked that far in my life.

Fuck. I just MIGHT lose ALL my bf from this suspension. Blessing in disguise? *sigh*

Stickler

Elite
Reaction score
Ubers a few times a week?
That might be my only option. Due to loss of license, I had to redo my resume and start applying for something I can manage along w/ remote jobs too. But yeah, once finances are good to go, uber/lyft will be it if need be.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I know how you feel but these days are different. Anytime I see some silly shit going on by our youth, I just shake my head. But on the flipside, they are doing something, being somewhat active and not sitting in their room playing video games.

Stickler

Elite
Reaction score
I know how you feel but these days are different. Anytime I see some silly shit going on by our youth, I just shake my head. But on the flipside, they are doing something, being somewhat active and not sitting in their room playing video games.
Way to look for the silver lining there good buddy!

GSgator

Reaction score
My dad and Uncle took me, so there was no "fun bullying" but also taught how to behave in a gym, put things back, etc. These days can be quite comical, or maddening, depending on what compound youre running :)
This goes a long ways. I encourage everyone to work out but with the lack of personal responsibility some guys may need to be pulled aside and informed on rules. My sons first experience in the gym were by my side not saying I’m a saint but In the gym I have a leave the bullshit at the door and get in there and take care of business attitude. Which includes don’t be fucking around on your phone unless your changing your music or there’s a Emergency and always rack your weights and wipe down your area when your finished.

Stickler

Elite
Reaction score
They took your license not your ability to drive. It's only a crime if they catch you. ;)
Lol. Yeah, but 2k. Jail time in homestate, plus a VOP and 30 days in another state will ruin my life. Just spent the last year doing EVERYTHING possible and 12k to avoid jail.

However, not gonna lie, I thought about that too.
Then my mother got rear ended yesterday, which was a reminder that if it can happen to me it will. So unless it's a dire emergency, I'm playing by the books until I can't take it anymore.

Reaction score
I am 1000% in agreement with you brother, I introduced my son and daughter to the gym and taught them the ins and the outs of gym conduct and how to train. My daughter competed at 16 and my son was just a freak of nature without chemicals. It's funny because he was an ox at about 6'2 280lbs and was passive as could be. My daughter was 5'2" 118lb and a psychopath. When she asked me about going on the shit in order to compete, because one of her girlfriends was doing it, I told her she would probably go to jail for murder one week into her cycle. My son and daughter both started lifting at 14 or 15 and still do it today without any prompting from me.

Reaction score
2 words....Home👏🏾Gym👏🏾

Yep, stopped using commercial gyms 25 years ago or more. Just bought plates and bars when on offer and replace the bench every 5 years.
Dont have huge space but enough for a multigym for the smaller muscles and variety, bench, 3 sets of metal dumbbell bars barbell, static bike and rowing machine.
During lockdown seeing 2 x 10kg plates being sold for £100 plus and seeing the stack of them i have, i was tempted to sell 4 lots, i only paid £20 per set but then my collection wouldnt be as good.

It was down to people using equipment not wiping down the bench or machine afyer dripping all over it and sitting on equipment they either are not going to use for 5 minutes or not at all.
Someone standing chatting and blocking the mirror while doing freeweights, im looking to make sure my form is correct not to see some mong walk infront of me.
I understand the social ellement but i just want to go into the room, do my thing and then get out again. Not chat away for half my gym time.

And thats the beauty of home gym, wake up and feel shit, no worries leave it a few hours then just open the door and im in the zone. No planning my day around it, no travel required. As long as i get the workout done each day, im all good.

DLTBB

Deltasaurus Rex
Reaction score
I’m caught between two generations. On one hand I am a selfie-taking Gymshark-wearing wanker, on the other hand I train hard and strip my equipment down after using it.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
It seems like the newer gyms put more of a focus on everything but the actual weights and machines. They pour millions of dollars into amenities, but then cheap out on the cheapest "American Barbell" brand shit that money can buy.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
It seems like the newer gyms put more of a focus on everything but the actual weights and machines. They pour millions of dollars into amenities, but then cheap out on the cheapest "American Barbell" brand shit that money can buy.
Depends on the gym.

I only have commercial gyms near me. One thing I notice about all of them is that they invest heavily in cardio equipment. No one is ever on the cardio equipment at the gold's gym I currently use a few times a week. It takes up about 33% of the space of the gym.

There's also some aerobics room, or something. I'm sure they have classes but I never see it used. Such a waste of space.

Overall my gym has some decent equipment... but nothing mind-blowing. It would be so much better if they cut the cardio section in half and put in more machines.

New Threads