INFLAMMATION

Reaction score
Hey fellow members long time no see. I know this is loaded but am completely tired of hurting. I am only 30 and it does truly affect my quality of life. I know a lot of you older guys will hit me hard and that is ok. When I say hurt just that nagging shit all over the body if anyone underestands. I definitely don’t like sounding like a pussy damn but my fucking neck aggravates the HELL out of me. Honest answers like I know the experienced guys give. Take your time.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
You were given some good suggestions in your original post on this topic.

What is your occupation? In addition to the information you provided/received in your original thread, have you tried the following:

1. Stretching consistently; both dynamic stretches and static stretches.

2. Getting massages regularly

3. Foam rolling

4. Using a lacrosse ball

5. Using something like a theracane

6. Doing exercises to strengthen problem areas

7. Working with a physical therapist

Reaction score
You were given some good suggestions in your original post on this topic.

What is your occupation? In addition to the information you provided/received in your original thread, have you tried the following:

1. Stretching consistently; both dynamic stretches and static stretches.

2. Getting massages regularly

3. Foam rolling

4. Using a lacrosse ball

5. Using something like a theracane

6. Doing exercises to strengthen problem areas

7. Working with a physical therapist
My current is septic tank installer so a lot of heavy lifting.

I don’t stretch enough.

I need a good massage

Foam roll is a great idea

I need a good physical therapist

What about pain management or is that a weak way out?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
My current is septic tank installer so a lot of heavy lifting.

I don’t stretch enough.

I need a good massage

Foam roll is a great idea

I need a good physical therapist

What about pain management or is that a weak way out?
Pain management is a legitimate tool to use, but only after you determine everything else doesn't bring your pain down to a tolerable level.

Use things like NSAIDs or CBD oil/creams as needed, but try to not hunt for a doctor to give you pain meds unless nothing else brings you relief... you'd have a hard time finding a doctor to prescribe these days anyway.

Reaction score
Pain management is a legitimate tool to use, but only after you determine everything else doesn't bring your pain down to a tolerable level.

Use things like NSAIDs or CBD oil/creams as needed, but try to not hunt for a doctor to give you pain meds unless nothing else brings you relief... you'd have a hard time finding a doctor to prescribe these days anyway.
I know these idiots give the wrong pills to the wrong people.

BigChief1

Reaction score
I’m not gonna tell u what you wanna hear… I’m gonna tell you what you need to hear! I’ve been shot 6 times, had a finger blown off, have had multiple knee surgeries for other shit. I haven’t felt good since I was fuckin 19 years old. But I wake up at 5 a.m every dam morning excited to tackle the day. You know what… I got it good. A shit load of folks buried 6’ down south would kill to be in my shoes. So I don’t give a shit about your minstrel cramps or neck pain. Put your god dam big boy pants on, take a mytol and press on on.

buck

Reaction score
I can't remember the last decade that i didn't have pain in some or a lot of parts in my body. One of the best things to do is stop doing the things that are causing the pain, that is if you want it to go away. If not then learn to deal with the pain. Of you can start trying to mask it with pain killers, whether OTC or script. But that doesn't solve the problem only lets you continue on so you can do even more damage. And most of them even OTC can cause problems of their own which leads to dealing with new pains in the future. If you like being pain free and not having life long physical injuries to deal with on some level then bodybuilding is no the sport to be in. I have never met a BB'er that has been at it for 20+ years that says they are free. Heck even 10 years of pushing the envelope is often more then enough to have continuous discomfort.

lifter6973

Expert Alcoholic Fraudster
Reaction score
What's with the all caps in the title?

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
I feel like everyone hurts… being alive is to have neck pain and Charlie horses and nagging pain and whatever …not very scientific I know but being alive hurts …side note my neck pain got better when I went down to just one pillow..best of luck

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
Hey fellow members long time no see. I know this is loaded but am completely tired of hurting. I am only 30 and it does truly affect my quality of life. I know a lot of you older guys will hit me hard and that is ok. When I say hurt just that nagging shit all over the body if anyone underestands. I definitely don’t like sounding like a pussy damn but my fucking neck aggravates the HELL out of me. Honest answers like I know the experienced guys give. Take your time.

Have you seen a doc for any of it? I would and would get labs ran

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I’m not gonna tell u what you wanna hear… I’m gonna tell you what you need to hear! I’ve been shot 6 times, had a finger blown off, have had multiple knee surgeries for other shit. I haven’t felt good since I was fuckin 19 years old. But I wake up at 5 a.m every dam morning excited to tackle the day. You know what… I got it good. A shit load of folks buried 6’ down south would kill to be in my shoes. So I don’t give a shit about your minstrel cramps or neck pain. Put your god dam big boy pants on, take a mytol and press on on.
I have read this shit twice today. Thank you for your response.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Ive been lifting heavy and hard for over 30 years. And I hate to jinx it but Im pain free.

I do a ton of core work and cardio and I smoke weed every day basically. Not sure if any or all of those things help, but so far so good.

New Threads