Is less better than more???

hard_gains

Reaction score
My first cycle was strictly 300 mg/wk. I felt amazing. Lost weight and built pretty solid muscle. After 4 months I dropped it to 150mg/wk. After 3 months I decided to go ahead and get blood work done because blood pressure was a little on the high side and wanted to make sure everything was okay. Of course it was the usual red count was high so I donate every could months and cut out a lot of salt for the blood pressure. Mild iron deficient which I supplement for. So at the 150mg/wk my test was 1050 and estrogen was 39. Of course it's ug stuff so could be overdosed. But I'm currently starting my second cycle. 175 mg/wk test and 175 mg/wk nandrolon. So am I just wasting my time with the small doses or is it truly beneficial to blast on a higher dose? Im not having any side effects so no need for ai so I could push the dose if I wanted to. This is just strictly out of curiosity and I'm still new to this world. There is a lot of experience combined in this forum so wisdom is key. Also staying alive has always been a goal of mine 🤣.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
That's pretty low, and I'm a low dose guy.

I've used 200 Test with 400 NPP, also used 400 Test with 400 Deca with no issues.

hard_gains

Reaction score
That's pretty low, and I'm a low dose guy.

I've used 200 Test with 400 NPP, also used 400 Test with 400 Deca with no issues.
What were your gains during and how much did you lose coming off? I'm fine with slow progress. Being on a dose like that I would be worried about the coming off. Lifting like a bad ass and then having to keep pushing on a low cruise. Like I said I'm still a cherry in this world so 350mg/wk is as high as I've gone.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Are you planning on pct or you plan blast and cruise for a while?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
What were your gains during and how much did you lose coming off? I'm fine with slow progress. Being on a dose like that I would be worried about the coming off. Lifting like a bad ass and then having to keep pushing on a low cruise. Like I said I'm still a cherry in this world so 350mg/wk is as high as I've gone.
After dieting off the excess, I gained 10 good lbs each of those two years.

If I recall correctly, I gained 15-20 while on the cycles, but never got sloppy. Didn't stay lean either though.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Less is better for staying healthy, absolutely. As far as results go? That’s an unequivocal “no” to less being better.

Your ideal dose depends on your personal balance between those two goals.

The only time less gear will give you better results is if taking more leads to side effects that negatively impact your training, sleep, appetite etc.

Be_A_Hero

Reaction score
I’m new to this but I’d say start with less and gradually build up over time , but I’m no expert by any means. I also think it’s a type of thing where you have to know your body as an individual. I eat like a madman and I think that’s been helping me on my low dose

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
No. The more you take the more you grow or change up a certain individual point.
From a growth or body composition stand point less is not better

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Less is better for staying healthy, absolutely. As far as results go? That’s an unequivocal “no” to less being better.

Your ideal dose depends on your personal balance between those two goals.

The only time less gear will give you better results is if taking more leads to side effects that negatively impact your training, sleep, appetite etc.
Have to disagree a little with the "unequivocal no" part. If you are making the progress you want to and meeting your goals then more isn't better. Efficacy of any hormone /drug has a ceiling after which only side effects increase. Not saying you are close to that ceiling, but staying as healthy as possible while using AAS has to factor in to that "unequivocal" part. Extreme case in point: Dallas McCarver. Again, you're not close and that's an extreme case, but if it ain't broke don't fix it. If it's working for you roll with it as safely as possible.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Have to disagree a little with the "unequivocal no" part. If you are making the progress you want to and meeting your goals then more isn't better. Efficacy of any hormone /drug has a ceiling after which only side effects increase. Not saying you are close to that ceiling, but staying as healthy as possible while using AAS has to factor in to that "unequivocal" part. Extreme case in point: Dallas McCarver. Again, you're not close and that's an extreme case, but if it ain't broke don't fix it. If it's working for you roll with it as safely as possible.
I’m a big proponent of using the minimum effective dose, don’t get me wrong. If you can grow on a gram there’s no point taking two grams.

What I mean by “unequivocally no” is that, for example, 500mg of deca will outperform 300mg of deca in 100% of cases. It’s more harmful to your health, though, so you have to assess your personal level of risk aversion and dose based on that.

You are absolutely right, though, there is a point where diminishing returns start to happen and the increased gains are overshadowed by the severity of the side effects. In theory 40mg of superdrol will outperform 20mg, but in practice it’s probably going to destroy your appetite to the point of actually making your cycle worse.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
I’m a big proponent of using the minimum effective dose, don’t get me wrong. If you can grow on a gram there’s no point taking two grams.

What I mean by “unequivocally no” is that, for example, 500mg of deca will outperform 300mg of deca in 100% of cases. It’s more harmful to your health, though, so you have to assess your personal level of risk aversion and dose based on that.

You are absolutely right, though, there is a point where diminishing returns start to happen and the increased gains are overshadowed by the severity of the side effects. In theory 40mg of superdrol will outperform 20mg, but in practice it’s probably going to destroy your appetite to the point of actually making your cycle worse.
This is why always through in up to an individual point.
I stand by the fact that from a performance and physique stand point that more is better up until a certain individual point.
If somebody came to me said I want to get as big and strong as possible as fast as possible and at all costs. I’m not going to have them on the minimum effectiven dose. I’m going to progressively push the dose until they get sides then back off. I’m going to progressively push the training and food as hard and as high as possible. You’re as big as your strength, dose, and ability to utilize food.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
This is why always through in up to an individual point.
I stand by the fact that from a performance and physique stand point that more is better up until a certain individual point.
If somebody came to me said I want to get as big and strong as possible as fast as possible and at all costs. I’m not going to have them on the minimum effectiven dose. I’m going to progressively push the dose until they get sides then back off. I’m going to progressively push the training and food as hard and as high as possible. You’re as big as your strength, dose, and ability to utilize food.
1g test, 600 deca for 14 weeks, 100mg of anadrol for the last 8 weeks.

Guaranteed stretch mark cycle.

New Threads