My first cycle - helpful tips and advice

Reaction score
Good day to you all, Ladies and Gents.

I'm a lifetime natural, I've trained 3/4/5 times a week since the age of 21 and now I'm 35. I've had great results over the years and have naturally gone from about 75kg in my 20s to 92kg in my mid 30s. I'm not super lean, but I'm in good shape.

After many conversations with learned friends, researching scientific studies, countless videos on YouTube, I've decided to try 50mg of Anavar per day for 8 weeks. I'll also be taking the appropriate liver detoxing supplements and PCT. I'm not looking to get huge.

I'll see how this goes and will think about testosterone at a later stage. I can't bring myself to inject my own ass and risk losing my hair just yet 😊

Any tips, advice, experiences welcome ✌🏻

Also, if you missed a tablet on one day every so often in a cycle, how much difference would that make to overall performance of this PED?
Would the odd few alcoholic drinks be OK, once every week or 2?

THANKS 💚

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
My advice is do a lot more research welcome tho stick around

Reaction score
Thank you, had a read. Similar in that it's anavar beginner cycle, but many differences in age and experience etc. by the looks of it.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Thank you, had a read. Similar in that it's anavar beginner cycle, but many differences in age and experience etc. by the looks of it.

Those differences are inconsequential to the anavar only issue.

If you want to do a cycle, fine. But it should be Testosterone only, 400-500mg per week, for about 12 weeks, give or take.

Have bloodwork done before cycle, about 4-6 weeks in, and after PCT.

Have some anti estrogen meds on hand, like Adex or Aromasin, just in case.

Consider HCG on cycle.

Make sure you have a good pct plan (Nolva and clomid), and all items in your possession before starting anything.

Be willing to accept that you could possibly never recover fully.

Reaction score
Those differences are inconsequential to the anavar only issue.

If you want to do a cycle, fine. But it should be Testosterone only, 400-500mg per week, for about 12 weeks, give or take.

Have bloodwork done before cycle, about 4-6 weeks in, and after PCT.

Have some anti estrogen meds on hand, like Adex or Aromasin, just in case.

Consider HCG on cycle.

Make sure you have a good pct plan (Nolva and clomid), and all items in your possession before starting anything.

Be willing to accept that you could possibly never recover fully.

Thanks. Have you ever done an Anavar only cycle? Keen to hear about hands on experiences.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Thanks. Have you ever done an Anavar only cycle? Keen to hear about hands on experiences.

No, because I'm not a female. But I've done Anavar with Testosterone. And Anavar with Test and NPP. And something that was supposed to be Anavar, but wasn't, with Test. Anavar is faked often.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I dont know if he has but he doesnt need to do it to know its a bad idea, CJ is one of the most knowledgeable people on here so i would listen to his advice.

Reaction score
If anyone's tried an anavar only cycle I'd be keen to hear their take on it.

No steroids are perfect of course, you just have to find the one that suits your goals and desired results best, then deal with the consequences.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I think German might of ask her, doubt anyone else has

No steroids are perfect of course, you just have to find the one that suits your goals and desired results best, then deal with the consequences.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score

Nobody here is going to advocate an anavar only cycle unless you are a female..im guessing you are scared of needles or have some moral issue with injecting...there is a ton of info on this site stick around and learn..put the aas on hold til you understand more about it..if you listen to guys like trump and cj i promise you will be much happier when you are actually ready for aas..again stick around tho..there are sticky threads all over this forum i suggest you check them out

Also if you are worried about something minute as hair loss im not sure aas is for you...from my experience test doesnt cause much as far as hair loss goes

Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
Several conclusions jumped to.

I'm not looking specifically for advocates, I'm looking to hear from direct experience. I know trusted people who have, and they have different views based on first hand experience.

No fear or moral issues with needles. I'd consider testosterone enanthate injections later in life.

I've been researching on and off for about 4 years. Many friends have been taking different steroids around me and I've never felt the need. I've just had children and am looking for a mild, oral PED. Not looking for huge gains, but some gains and bit of a boost now I'm older and have trained naturally for 15 odd years. This is partly experimental for me to find out what results I would get from addition of aas.

I'm aware Anavar isn't good for anyone, but none of them are. It's a bit like choosing between a kick in the balls and a poke in the eye. Which is the lesser evil. My decision is based on the results I'm after and the side effects I'm willing to deal with.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
I am assuming these friends are either 20 years old or complete newbs to hormones as well. what are you actually hoping to get out of this cycle? lets just assume you actually get real var... which is not very likely btw. 8 weeks of var at 50mg isn't really going to do much and the tiny bit it does will be gone after pct. You will still likely experience hairloss if you are prone to mpb on it and it WILL shut you down so you will probably not feel so good towards the end of the cycle. Oh and most likely you will get to enjoy having a flaccid dick the whole time. If you are too big of a pussy to inject yourself, at your age getting on trt shouldn't be very hard and they will probably let you come in for your injection and then you can run whatever oral you please on top.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Spend some time researching why a male SHOULDN'T do an anavar only cycle. Look at both sides of the issue.

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
Several conclusions jumped to.

I'm not looking specifically for advocates, I'm looking to hear from direct experience. I know trusted people who have, and they have different views based on first hand experience.

No fear or moral issues with needles. I'd consider testosterone enanthate injections later in life.

I've been researching on and off for about 4 years. Many friends have been taking different steroids around me and I've never felt the need. I've just had children and am looking for a mild, oral PED. Not looking for huge gains, but some gains and bit of a boost now I'm older and have trained naturally for 15 odd years. This is partly experimental for me to find out what results I would get from addition of aas.

I'm aware Anavar isn't good for anyone, but none of them are. It's a bit like choosing between a kick in the balls and a poke in the eye. Which is the lesser evil. My decision is based on the results I'm after and the side effects I'm willing to deal with.

you sound clueless on the actual side effects as testosterone at the same dose would yield better results and less side effects, testosterone at that dose likely wouldn't effect your bloodwork very much as the anavar would trash your lipids and cause damage to the liver.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Anavar will suppress your natural test..your friends are uneducated and if youve been researching for 4 year then you should know better...i hope you stick around and learn some things. These guys are smart and are only trying to help...you arent going to get direct responses cuz the guys here dont run oral only cycles. Welcome to the ug

Reaction score
You've done zero research. Zero. 5 mins of reading would tell you this is a stupid idea. But hey, you do you boo.

Reaction score
First pussy, now clueless. Consider this your award for most patronising keyboard warrior. Got to love insults over the Internet like this from someone seemingly dependant on testosterone injections.
Yeah I'm 35 and I hang around with uneducated 20 year olds and take their advice about steroids.

I don't find opinions lacking any direct experiences that helpful. I've read many documents and have seen inconsistent results and opinions. Apart from the obvious anabolic effects and requirement for liver protection and PCT.

Some of the advice I've had has come from very experienced and trusted sources.

Any intake of testosterone not naturally produced will decrease/shut down your natural test levels. That's why I'd be running PCT. I don't understand the logic to this point.

Whilst some comments are polite, reading several threads just now I can see are similar to this one. A few regular comment writers who protect each other. Ramming their opinions down others throats and try to force their subjective experiences on people, as well as continuously jumping to judgemental and incorrect conclusions. Hope you realise how patronising you all are.

Haven't commented on an online forum for years and this has reminded me why. Hard to take bitching online when I've boxed since a teenager. I don't feel the need to throw insults at people I don't know on the Internet, that's what a real pussy does.

I'd stick around if someone had experienced it themselves, good or bad, and wanted to chat to me about it. I won't be staying though, waste of 10 minutes on my Saturday.

Cheerio.

Reaction score
My decision is based on the results I'm after and the side effects I'm willing to deal with.

Then what are you waiting for? Do it. Come back when you get these results and sides and tell us how great it was.

Last edited:

New Threads