My little mindless training log

MindlessWork

Captain Obvious
Reaction score
Which vaccine did you get? Are symptoms less severe than the first time you had Covid?
I am assuming you had not gotten the vaccine when you got COVID the first time.
I got the Pfizer vaccine in April/May but wasn't vaccinated the very first time I got it (late 2020) but had both shots when I caught it the 2nd time so most likely I was hit with the Omicron variant now. The first time was milder and didn't lose taste or smell but this time I lost them and had it about the same overall.

MindlessWork

Captain Obvious
Reaction score
Today I'm finally done with my self-quarantine so going to the gym at long last. I plan to go lighter plus doing more stretching to get back into the groove after 2 weeks.

Fuck covid...would not want anyone to get this...

Reaction score
Today I'm finally done with my self-quarantine so going to the gym at long last. I plan to go lighter plus doing more stretching to get back into the groove after 2 weeks.

Fuck covid...would not want anyone to get this...
Two weeks seriously? I got it 4 days ago and I'm already feeling better and never missed a day of work.

So let me get this straight. You already had Covid and then took the vaccine and now caught it again and down for two weeks?
Sorry man something doesn't add up here.

Reaction score
Two weeks seriously? I got it 4 days ago and I'm already feeling better and never missed a day of work.

So let me get this straight. You already had Covid and then took the vaccine and now caught it again and down for two weeks?
Mindless is a rule follower. So when CNN reports CDC guidelines, he dutifully follows them.

I’m assuming “2 weeks” includes his quarantine time to ensure he doesn’t make anyone else sick from this tragic disease.

There also seems to be “survivor” phenomenon among many. Posting that you got the virus, suffered through it, and made it out to “fight again” gives a sense of accomplishment in an otherwise dull life.

MindlessWork

Captain Obvious
Reaction score

I got it first time in fall of 2020, then got the 2 shots of Pfizer in April/May last year. Somehow got exposed just before xmas, and had all the symptoms typical of Covid but had a milder illness so the worst was over in 5 days. Self quarantined at home for 10 days before I went tonight to the gym. Not sure what strain of the virus I had as was unable to get a test anywhere but suspect the Omicron one.

Reaction score
I got it first time in fall of 2020, then got the 2 shots of Pfizer in April/May last year. Somehow got exposed just before xmas, and had all the symptoms typical of Covid but had a milder illness so the worst was over in 5 days. Self quarantined at home for 10 days before I went tonight to the gym. Not sure what strain of the virus I had as was unable to get a test anywhere but suspect the Omicron one.
Puzzled as to why you would get the shot after you had already contacted the virus. Okay 10 days of quarantine and not sick.

MindlessWork

Captain Obvious
Reaction score
Puzzled as to why you would get the shot after you had already contacted the virus. Okay 10 days of quarantine and not sick.
Better to be safe than sorry as from what I have read, natural immunity would not last and considering the delta strain that came through at the beginning of summer. Besides I got the jabs 6 months after my first infection.

Reaction score
Mindless is a rule follower. So when CNN reports CDC guidelines, he dutifully follows them.

I’m assuming “2 weeks” includes his quarantine time to ensure he doesn’t make anyone else sick from this tragic disease.

There also seems to be “survivor” phenomenon among many. Posting that you got the virus, suffered through it, and made it out to “fight again” gives a sense of accomplishment in an otherwise dull life.
But science. Don't we gotta follow the science:unsure::ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Better to be safe than sorry as from what I have read, natural immunity would not last and considering the delta strain that came through at the beginning of summer. Besides I got the jabs 6 months after my first infection.
Well in your case neither one worked. I take it you will keep getting boosters as well. Because science right?

Reaction score
you can have your log back. Point taken @TODAY

You got me with “proselytizing”. I don’t know wtf that means so I’m scared. 🤣

MindlessWork

Captain Obvious
Reaction score
At any rate, got in a workout for today. Basically did mostly stretching and cardio, which was rough but got through it. Most likely Friday will get to ease back into the weight training again.

MindlessWork

Captain Obvious
Reaction score
For today:

Stretches and light calisthenics
Situps/Pushups 25 each
Jump Rope - 75
Smith machine standing calf raises 85/135/185x10
Leg extensions - 15/45/85/115x10
Leg Curls - 55/95/135x10
Goodmornings - bar/85/135x10
Leg Press 225/315/405/495x10
Rowing Machine - 20 min.
Done.

Kicked my ass even though I am not 100% yet after getting over Covid

Reaction score
For today:

Stretches and light calisthenics
Situps/Pushups 25 each
Jump Rope - 75
Smith machine standing calf raises 85/135/185x10
Leg extensions - 15/45/85/115x10
Leg Curls - 55/95/135x10
Goodmornings - bar/85/135x10
Leg Press 225/315/405/495x10
Rowing Machine - 20 min.
Done.

Kicked my ass even though I am not 100% yet after getting over Covid
Hey bud, I’m actually trying to help you here. Switch your order of lifts up. Leg press looks like it would be your main movement today so you want to do that before things like calf raises and leg extensions - those are called accessory movements and since they work smaller muscle groups they get done secondary. Your results will be better over time.

MindlessWork

Captain Obvious
Reaction score
Hey bud, I’m actually trying to help you here. Switch your order of lifts up. Leg press looks like it would be your main movement today so you want to do that before things like calf raises and leg extensions - those are called accessory movements and since they work smaller muscle groups they get done secondary. Your results will be better over time.
Thansk for the suggestion, just kind of half-assed things today as not quiite 100% yet but soon should be back on an even keel. Appreciate th feedback.

Reaction score
Thansk for the suggestion, just kind of half-assed things today as not quiite 100% yet but soon should be back on an even keel. Appreciate th feedback.
I kinda figured you’d want to get in and do a few quick things just to get back into it.

Do you follow a program or do a split?