My short intro post

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I joined recently and thought I would share a brief intro. I am 34 years old and married with two kids. I keep a pretty busy schedule but I always make time to hit the gym as working out is one of my top priorities. Unfortunately my diet has not been the best and that is where I lag the most these days so now I am in a mode where I need to drop some fat.

I am joining forums like this one to read up on diet, supplementation, training etc and also to share any insight if relative. I know some get this at the gym but honestly when I go in I put my head down and focus on getting my workout done in an efficient manner.

Human_Backhoe

Photoshop Picasso
Reaction score
Read some of the latest into post in this section please.

Reaction score
what does your workout include?
Current routine summary:

Monday - Chest / Triceps
Tuesday - Back / Biceps
Thursday - Shoulder / Traps
Friday - Thigh / Calves / Abs
Saturday or Sunday - arms or legs as above and alternate each week

Cardio and Core work has increased recently. Cardio 4 to 5 times a week for 45 min at med to high intensity.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Current routine summary:

Monday - Chest / Triceps
Tuesday - Back / Biceps
Thursday - Shoulder / Traps
Friday - Thigh / Calves / Abs
Saturday or Sunday - arms or legs as above and alternate each week

Cardio and Core work has increased recently. Cardio 4 to 5 times a week for 45 min at med to high intensity.
So you don't work quads every week? You alternate it every other week?

Reaction score
Welcome. What are your stats, height/weight? What does your current diet look like right now?

I’ve always had the opposite problem, eating enough calories. Whats helped me was finding logs/programs and diet plans (from someone at a similar height/weight) that I could copy until those new habits became my habits.

Good luck man. Keep posting.

Reaction score
So you don't work quads every week? You alternate it every other week?
yeah, looks like I had a few mistypes there as essentially my leg day also includes quads even though it wasn't typed in there. I should have just put legs. I normally try to go in on Sundays and when I do one week it will focus on arms, the next week will focus on legs.

Reaction score
Welcome. What are your stats, height/weight? What does your current diet look like right now?

I’ve always had the opposite problem, eating enough calories. Whats helped me was finding logs/programs and diet plans (from someone at a similar height/weight) that I could copy until those new habits became my habits.

Good luck man. Keep posting.
My current diet is shitty. I'm not tracking anything but I plan to start next week. 6'0 260 and yeah while I have muscle, I have a nice layer of fat over it. I don't know what my BF is just that it is high and I'd rather not know until I get it down.

Reaction score
My current diet is shitty. I'm not tracking anything but I plan to start next week. 6'0 260 and yeah while I have muscle, I have a nice layer of fat over it. I don't know what my BF is just that it is high and I'd rather not know until I get it down.
Tracking is important. Both diet and training so you can watch the progress over time.

I use myfitnesspal to track nutrition and I take notes on my training/lifting, as well as use Strava to track running/biking.

You may not want to know your current BF, but don’t be afraid of it. You gotta start somewhere.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Plenty guys came here where you are. Nutrician is key. There seems to be two categories most guys fit into. Can't eat small enough or can't eat enough. I have to force feed five meals 2 snacks a day. You envy guys like me but dont. Just be the best you.
When you get it right your body type has all the advantages. Very few great bodybuilders had trouble maintaining enough food at the early stages. That came when they hit 300 pounds. So you are already half way there.
Hi Welcome.

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I joined recently and thought I would share a brief intro. I am 34 years old and married with two kids. I keep a pretty busy schedule but I always make time to hit the gym as working out is one of my top priorities. Unfortunately my diet has not been the best and that is where I lag the most these days so now I am in a mode where I need to drop some fat.

I am joining forums like this one to read up on diet, supplementation, training etc and also to share any insight if relative. I know some get this at the gym but honestly when I go in I put my head down and focus on getting my workout done in an efficient manner.
Welcome to UG bodybuilding

New Threads