Ozempic

Reaction score
I immediately started with a dosage of 0.5 mg. The doctor approved this step. I lost 5 kg in the first week! Side effects play a big role in the speed of weight loss. I often feel nauseous, my appetite has practically disappeared. I eat 1 time a day and don't eat much. Now I can have one cup of coffee with a sandwich and everything is fine. Maybe later the weight loss will slow down? I really hope so.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I immediately started with a dosage of 0.5 mg. The doctor approved this step. I lost 5 kg in the first week! Side effects play a big role in the speed of weight loss. I often feel nauseous, my appetite has practically disappeared. I eat 1 time a day and don't eat much. Now I can have one cup of coffee with a sandwich and everything is fine. Maybe later the weight loss will slow down? I really hope so.
Sounds like you should have started with an even smaller dose and titrated your way up every 4 weeks.

Kraken

Reaction score
It's hard to explain but closing your mouth and putting the fork down isn't allways the case. If you know , you know...

It's ALMOST worse than being an alcoholic in recovery. The alcoholic can't stop after that first drink, but they can fight like hell to not have that first drink. People who tend to over eat and need to control their intake still have to take that first bite. It's easier to stop eating than it is for an alcoholic to stop drinking, but that does not mean it's easy.

So when people are eating much less due to artificially reduced appetite, are they losing a lot of muscle? I would think a person would have to be careful to eat a lot of protein and do some lifting to maintain muscle and drop mostly fat. I suspect most people who use a drug like this, don't do that.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So when people are eating much less due to artificially reduced appetite, are they losing a lot of muscle? I would think a person would have to be careful to eat a lot of protein and do some lifting to maintain muscle and drop mostly fat. I suspect most people who use a drug like this, don't do that.
This ^^^ Dr Attia has tracked via dexa scan exactly this issue ... and yes lean mass is lost because people already struggle getting adequate protein on a normal diet when restricted it basically reduces further and lean mass is lost ...

The other issue is that some people who never feel hungry increased alcohol or other empty calorie foods due to just never being hungry ...

Worst of all nearly all people who stopped taking the drug regained the all their weight due to not learning any health lifestyle strategies such as exercise or eating better ...

Like other appetite suppressants they work well while taken but create an unhealthy rebound effect when stopped ...

The other lesson learned is for people who say they JUST CANNOT LOSE WEIGHT any other way due to insulin resistance or other factor ... the fact is they do lose weight when the stop overeating (through suppressed appetite) ... which in fact proves they actually can lose weight ... by restricting calories ... there are NO OTHER MAGIC BULLETS that people have attempted to state ... Semaglutides simply make it possible to restrict calories ... plus the mind is a powerful thing ... when people believe they achieve ... unfortunately even that fact is negated once they come off the medication because they did not learn skills required maintain their result which is the most unfortunate part ...

Reactions: A1c

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
That's like eating 5,000 cal less each day. Of course, some is water but damn help me out here. How many cals were you consuming in a normal day?

I'm not judging you, just trying to wrap my mind around 10 lbs in a week.

Kraken

Reaction score
That's like eating 5,000 cal less each day. Of course, some is water but damn help me out here. How many cals were you consuming in a normal day?

I'm not judging you, just trying to wrap my mind around 10 lbs in a week.

Well that was the first week. As you said, water is lost. If someone is particularly big (I don't know if this guy is or not) then very rapid weight loss is possible, at least for a time.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Well that was the first week. As you said, water is lost. If someone is particularly big (I don't know if this guy is or not) then very rapid weight loss is possible, at least for a time.
Thanks brother! I'm just trying to wrap my mind around this. I never had a weight problem so it's far from home for me.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
This ^^^ Dr Attia has tracked via dexa scan exactly this issue ... and yes lean mass is lost because people already struggle getting adequate protein on a normal diet when restricted it basically reduces further and lean mass is lost ...
Was he tracking normies? Or people who are serious about fitness or body building?

Because I'm pretty sure that people who are serious would get their protein in no matter what.

I constantly felt bloated or uncomfortably full during my short 3 month experiment with semaglutide. That did not stop me from making sure I got all my protein in. It really wasn't too difficult, even if I didn't feel like doing it at times. I sucked it up and did it anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Reaction score
It seems to work MUCH better in gen pop people than fit/healthy people, but it can still be a gamechanger nonetheless. I'm guessing that gen pop/obese people have appetites that are so disregulated from what their baseline should be, so that could account for why it seems to work better in those populations. When your appetite is already where it "should" be, it's harder to disrupt that homeostasis, even with pharmacology.

Reaction score
I've used semaglutide twice now. It's VERY effective. Especially when combined with DNP (which can give you crazy carb cravings).

Reaction score
So, doing a bunch of googling it seems there are weight loss clinics pushing this, and similar, stuff. Apparently the clinical studies talk about losing 5% of body weight in a year. So if I'm 160 pounds, I can expect to lose a whopping 8 pounds after an entire year? People should be able to lose 8 pounds in 2 to 4 weeks on any normal, non drug related, diet.

I don't see the attraction, especially at the price point... Surly I'm missing something?
what are you looking for?

New Threads