Reaction score
Hey,

Been on TRT for 2yrs 62mg\*4x weekly (250mg) no AI. This dose has me at stable 800 total, which is perfect, no problems. 8 months ago in the name of gym progression i decided to do a 2 month blast 1000mg/wk (still no AI, yeah im dumb...). Well no shit i got moon face & all other high E2 symptoms. Ever since been on my normal TRT dose, but im stuck with a permanent moon face. Also my cheeks really puff up if eating anything.

Im the same weight i was back then, but more muscular and a lot of leaner (single digit bf %, can easily see ab veins etc).

Ive tried:

\-Diuretics (Furosemid & Triamterene)

\-Clean diet w/ Low sodium & High potassium

\-Daily water intake +7L

\-Nuking my E2 for 9 days w/ 0.5mg Arimidex ED. E2 bloods came back low as supposed, but no change in face.

IMG_1233.jpeg

Colesterol, Hb etc "basic" bloods are all in range.

So my two questions:

1. With this stupid play of hormones, could i have messed up my body somehow and the way it handles testosterone/aromatization?
2. Should i lower my E2; and if yes, how long would it take for my body to see the bloat dissapear (if it is water?).

Last thoughts: If ive been high e2 this whole time after the blast, and nuked it for 9 days straight, but still saw no change in face, was the 9 days too short of a time for my body to adjust and drop the water? But then again most people say they get rid of bloat in just 1-2 days when take AI.

Reaction score
Hey,

Been on TRT for 2yrs 62mg\*4x weekly (250mg) no AI. This dose has me at stable 800 total, which is perfect, no problems. 8 months ago in the name of gym progression i decided to do a 2 month blast 1000mg/wk (still no AI, yeah im dumb...). Well no shit i got moon face & all other high E2 symptoms. Ever since been on my normal TRT dose, but im stuck with a permanent moon face. Also my cheeks really puff up if eating anything.

Im the same weight i was back then, but more muscular and a lot of leaner (single digit bf %, can easily see ab veins etc).

Ive tried:

\-Diuretics (Furosemid & Triamterene)

\-Clean diet w/ Low sodium & High potassium

\-Daily water intake +7L

\-Nuking my E2 for 9 days w/ 0.5mg Arimidex ED. E2 bloods came back low as supposed, but no change in face.

IMG_1233.jpeg

Colesterol, Hb etc "basic" bloods are all in range.

So my two questions:

1. With this stupid play of hormones, could i have messed up my body somehow and the way it handles testosterone/aromatization?
2. Should i lower my E2; and if yes, how long would it take for my body to see the bloat dissapear (if it is water?).

Last thoughts: If ive been high e2 this whole time after the blast, and nuked it for 9 days straight, but still saw no change in face, was the 9 days too short of a time for my body to adjust and drop the water? But then again most people say they get rid of bloat in just 1-2 days when take AI.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Merged duplicate threads from OP.

Reaction score
Your moon face isn’t from estrogen. Your body doesn’t maintain a constant higher level of a hormone. As soon as you lowered your testosterone your e2 lowered.

It’s more than likely your sodium or something else in your diet. If it doesn’t go away talk to your doctor. There are too many variables for us to weed thru over the internets and I doubt you’ll want to post a picture.

Reaction score
That's a doctor question. Are you on prednisone or anything similar?

TRT can make you retain water, but moon face is something different. Don't nuke your estrogen until you know the cause.
Hey, i am not on prednisone. Yeah, i have definitely felt that water retention when i was on 1000mg, thats when my fingers, ankles swell up too. Now its just my face really. And i do not know if its bloat, or fat, but it does look like as bad as a prednisone moon face. Thank your for your answer.

Reaction score
Your moon face isn’t from estrogen. Your body doesn’t maintain a constant higher level of a hormone. As soon as you lowered your testosterone your e2 lowered.

It’s more than likely your sodium or something else in your diet. If it doesn’t go away talk to your doctor. There are too many variables for us to weed thru over the internets and I doubt you’ll want to post a picture.
Hey,
Yeah i kind of guessed E2 may not be the problem here because nuking it for 9 days should get rid of E2 bloat. Low sodium helps definitely, but not a fun lifestyle to live, and does not completely fix the problem either. But sodium management is key! I am still working with my doctors with this.
Thank you for your input.

Reaction score
What does your e2 level look like now on your trt dose? Try keeping it in range for an extended period of time.

But also I agree with what other said too.

Reaction score
Why are you assuming that it's estrogen related? Maybe it's not.
Hey,
I am thinking its not, because nuking it for 9 whole days should get rid of it for sure. Can it be test related then? Would suck going off TRT back to 200 ng/l levels… but yeah, i am already 2 years in and havent had any problems so far. Kinda dont see TRT being the problem herr, but who knows, i will keep working with my doctors. Thank you for your input

Reaction score
What does your e2 level look like now on your trt dose? Try keeping it in range for an extended period of time.

But also I agree with what other said too.
Havent checked in 3 weeks now, but yeah who knows maybe all this time its been slightly off, and nuking it for 9 days wasnt just enough time for body to drop water. But kinda starting to rule off E2 from being the issue here… I will do bloods in a few weeks to see where we at. Thanks for taking the time to help me, appreciate it alot.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Hey, i am not on prednisone. Yeah, i have definitely felt that water retention when i was on 1000mg, thats when my fingers, ankles swell up too. Now its just my face really. And i do not know if its bloat, or fat, but it does look like as bad as a prednisone moon face. Thank your for your answer.
Oh, I'd definitely think that the 'moon face' was from the prednisone. I've never gotten moon face from it, but it's common, my cousin gets it bad, and it takes awhile to go away for him.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Oh, I'd definitely think that the 'moon face' was from the prednisone. I've never gotten moon face from it, but it's common, my cousin gets it bad, and it takes awhile to go away for him.
I've also do not have moon face on Prednisone. I wonder how common it actually is. 🤔

I'd think back on other people I know who took it, but they are all fat... and therefore have permanent moon face for other reasons 😂

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I've also do not have moon face on Prednisone. I wonder how common it actually is. 🤔

I'd think back on other people I know who took it, but they are all fat... and therefore have permanent moon face for other reasons 😂

I was told that it happens when one doesn't taper up or down appropriately, but I have no clue whether that's true or not.*

*just a quick Google search says that that's not the case.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I was told that it happens when one doesn't taper up or down appropriately, but I have no clue whether that's true or not.
I've just been popping them, but I'm only on 40mg a day and the pills are 20mg each.

I have no idea what a low, normal, or high dose of Prednisone is.

If only we got moon balls. Then I could reminisce what it was like to have a full sack before I started TRT. 😂

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's possible that you've experienced facial muscle hypertrophy that has altered the appearance and structure of your face.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
i think it's dosage + duration. my cousin has been taking a high dose for years to treat lupus, and has perpetual moon face now.
Do you happen to know his daily dosage. I imagine my 40mg/day is low compared to what your cousin takes?

I'm just curious since I am using Prednisone for the first time with my back injury.

cavorite

Reaction score
sure i just asked. actually she’s only on 25mg/eod, but can it get up to 100mg during a flare-up

she’s also tiny (~100lbs) if body weight makes a difference

there’s a lot of other meds involved too

New Threads