Redcon1's MRE Lite, am I a paranoid asshole here?

lfod14

Reaction score
Maybe I am, probably am, but this is pissing me off.

I've used MRE Lite for a couple years, Whey and Casein as well but liked the abilty to not have all my supp'd protein coming from dairy. Saw a bitch post somewhere else accusing Redcon1 of using trash for the MRE Lite, and then stating a couple others over the years with animal based proteins and them getting caught doing so, or just using collagen etc. I used to use MuscleMeds Carnivor but the taste ain't exactly great and MRE Lite tastes awesome.

Fast forward, noticed that on the MRE Lite they don't list an amino breakdown, ok, not everybody does, but they DO list that on their Whey proteins, now the paranoia kicked in. Why wouldn't they? They list the ingredients, so why not the aminos? So I emailed customer service and asked, the response claimed it's "proprietary". So I responded and made sure we were talking about the amino breakdown, I made it a point to also say that I'm not asking for the ingredients breakdown, and that the amino breakdown can't be used to reverse engineer their blend, so why would they hide it? Literally makes zero sense. Different rep responded, same thing. Does that not seem shady AF? Because it does to me. If they were using some bullshit or byproducts in there that would probably be detectable with a terrible amino breakdown, what else makes sense?

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
MRE ,,, lite ?

WTF is that ? lol Franks with Diet Bean Component :ROFLMAO:

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
Aaron Singerman as a man is shady. I wouldn't put it last him to be dishonest with his products.

Reaction score
It's odd that they don't at the very least, list the essential amino acid profile.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Generally speaking, if I'm looking for transparency and a company does not want to be transparent then I move on to another product or company.

I can't speak to the shadiness of Redcon1 or MRE lite, but that's the approach I take for all things in general.

I admit it's strange that they are saying the amino acid profile is proprietary. As you said, no one can reverse engineer their product from that. I would be suspicious that their product contains less of whatever ingredients than what their marketing claims.

So I don't think you're being paranoid.... you're being skeptical which is a healthy thing.

New Threads