SpanishFly First Cycle Journal

Reaction score
Hello all,

I wanted to just get down what I have learned and experienced as I continue my cycle. I lurked here for a long time and read alot before I made my final decision to try my first cycle. I started with blood work (which is really a pain in the ass to get here in HI) and I am now on Week 4 now so here's a rundown of what I have experienced so far:

For my workouts I do a 6 day split. Push, Pull, Legs. usually a warm up set and 3sets x 8-12reps per exercise and 2-3 exercises per targeted muscle. If I am still sore on any given muscle group day, I will not push through it (I've learned my lesson doing this) but instead do some form of active recovery (walking/treadmill if it's legs, stretching/PNF for other groups)
- I can post actual workouts for future entries if anyone is really interested. I am keeping a journal so I know what weigh and reps I'm doing each week to track progress. As I am not at all looking to compete and this cycle was more to learn what to expect, what symptoms I have and what changes I felt in my body on a cycle, I'm not overly concerned with how much my bench has gone up.

Week 1:
250mg Test E (125 take twice a week).

What I noticed:
Felt more energy (maybe placebo).
Injected in glutes and noticed a small area (like a golf ball) or hardened tissue at injection site. My GF is a nurse and is doing my shots for me.
Felt good in the gym, but nothing above normal peaks
Nipples are sensitive

Week 2:
350mg Test E (175 taken twice in the week.)

What I noticed:
Recovery seems faster than when I was not on test. Feel pretty good in the gym, high energy levels.
Horny AF, like back when I was 16 kind of randy. (I'm 42)
Already seeing minor increases in output (more reps/higher weight)
Still getting those weird sub q bumps at injection site (might not be hitting muscle might be in adipose tissue, it feels like it's going in the muscle at the time of injection)
Nips still sensitive, no sign of gyno though.
Appetite is increasing

Week 3:
500mg Test E (250 twice a week)

What I noticed:
Sexual appetite is kind of off the charts for me.
Improved energy, better mood, feel happier in general
Appetite is getting hard to manage, did my best to stay on plan, but did hit some junk food a couple times in this week.
Gym output is substantially higher. I am at numbers I was hitting when I was at my all time-highs. I fell amazing in the gym and when my workout is over, I feel like I want more.
Recovery is fast. Leg days are a 2 day recovery (that is really good for me as I'm a baby and usually hobble around for 3-5 days sometimes if I haven't been consistent).
Nips still sensitive, but it has leveled off.
Tried a thigh injection. This was ill advised as I had forgotten to take my shot that morning so I did it following my workout (a leg day). This was a painful, but valuable lesson. I will not pin post workout, especially into a muscle group that is under stress/trauma

Week 4:
500mg Test E

What I noticed:
Sexual appetite came back down to Earth and even experienced slight ED (no issue with the start up, maintenance was the problem)
Appetite has calmed down as well, but still much higher than pre-cycle
Crushing in the gym. Recovery is 1-2 days and output continues to rise. If I had to put a number on it, it would be about a 10% increase in weight per exercise.
Muscles are noticeably bigger. People at work have already commented.

I know this might be a little vague, so please don't crush me if I'm not posting correctly. I am sharing the info I am comfortable sharing, but if there's more I should be posting, let me know and I will see about putting it here. I will do my best to update this weekly (I don't have much free time currently). This is also something for me to monitor as I go and reference if there's a next time.

Reaction score
Hello all,

I wanted to just get down what I have learned and experienced as I continue my cycle. I lurked here for a long time and read alot before I made my final decision to try my first cycle. I started with blood work (which is really a pain in the ass to get here in HI) and I am now on Week 4 now so here's a rundown of what I have experienced so far:

For my workouts I do a 6 day split. Push, Pull, Legs. usually a warm up set and 3sets x 8-12reps per exercise and 2-3 exercises per targeted muscle. If I am still sore on any given muscle group day, I will not push through it (I've learned my lesson doing this) but instead do some form of active recovery (walking/treadmill if it's legs, stretching/PNF for other groups)
- I can post actual workouts for future entries if anyone is really interested. I am keeping a journal so I know what weigh and reps I'm doing each week to track progress. As I am not at all looking to compete and this cycle was more to learn what to expect, what symptoms I have and what changes I felt in my body on a cycle, I'm not overly concerned with how much my bench has gone up.

Week 1:

What I noticed:
Injected in glutes and noticed a small area (like a golf ball) or hardened tissue at injection site. My GF is a nurse and is doing my shots for me.
Nipples are sensitive

Week 2:

What I noticed:
Recovery seems faster than when I was not on test. Feel pretty good in the gym, high energy levels.
Still getting those weird sub q bumps at injection site (might not be hitting muscle might be in adipose tissue, it feels like it's going in the muscle at the time of injection)
Appetite is increasing

Week 3:

What I noticed:
Appetite is getting hard to manage, did my best to stay on plan, but did hit some junk food a couple times in this week.
Gym output is substantially higher. I am at numbers I was hitting when I was at my all time-highs. I fell amazing in the gym and when my workout is over, I feel like I want more.
Recovery is fast. Leg days are a 2 day recovery (that is really good for me as I'm a baby and usually hobble around for 3-5 days sometimes if I haven't been consistent).
Tried a thigh injection. This was ill advised as I had forgotten to take my shot that morning so I did it following my workout (a leg day). This was a painful, but valuable lesson. I will not pin post workout, especially into a muscle group that is under stress/trauma

Week 4:
500mg Test E

What I noticed:
Sexual appetite came back down to Earth and even experienced slight ED (no issue with the start up, maintenance was the problem)
Crushing in the gym. Recovery is 1-2 days and output continues to rise. If I had to put a number on it, it would be about a 10% increase in weight per exercise.

I know this might be a little vague, so please don't crush me if I'm not posting correctly. I am sharing the info I am comfortable sharing, but if there's more I should be posting, let me know and I will see about putting it here. I will do my best to update this weekly (I don't have much free time currently). This is also something for me to monitor as I go and reference if there's a next time.
Post your workout. Might as well get that stuff worked on too. You’ll get more out of the cycle.

You should have a goal too. Build muscle? Then eat 500+ TDEE calories. And adjust that as you gain muscle.

You could get a lot out of this bud.

Reaction score
Post your workout. Might as well get that stuff worked on too. You’ll get more out of the cycle.

You should have a goal too. Build muscle? Then eat 500+ TDEE calories. And adjust that as you gain muscle.

You could get a lot out of this bud.
I want to build muscle, but I'm more pleased with the mood and energy changes if I'm being honest. I believe the physical changes I'm seeing in the mirror play a role with how I feel. Thanks for the recommendation with +500kcals (actually have a degree in this field from like 20 years ago and still remember that piece haha I probably have forgotten anything that has remained relevant over that period of time). Ok, so for my next entry/update I'll add in my workouts to see where I can maximize my efforts/gains. I appreciate you guys not roasting me, I know this place can be ruthless and doesn't suffer fools.
I wish I had a girlfriend to give me my shots, I have to ask a random guy at the Y and hope the pain in my ass is a needle.
now THAT sounds like a party!

Reaction score
I think people would be more interested in your workouts, nutrition info and progress towards your goal than how you feel on test.

What is your current age, height, weight, est bodyfat?

What are your goals?

How long have you been training?

Also post pics of your nurse girl if you really want to make friends here. 😍

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Hello all,

Week 1:

What I noticed:
Nipples are sensitive

Week 2:

What I noticed:
Appetite is increasing

Week 3:

What I noticed:

Week 4:
500mg Test E

What I noticed:

So you wasted 2 weeks and some oil…
You felt 250mg of test e the first week?
And then you felt 350 the second week…
You did 500 one week and sexual appetite is off the charts…

Reaction score
Placebo is a wonderful thing

Reaction score
Guess so

Reaction score
I think I'm just gonna end the updates right here. Can already feel the negative energy and really don't want to feed the trolls.

Reaction score
this is a mistake. you've demonstrated the need for guidance.
Sincerely agree. No one is above sounds advice, especially people just beginning.

don't take useful criticism personally. use this opportunity to learn.
100% not in my feelings. I know we're all busy people and I legitimately appreciate people who take time from their day to help those of us in need. I value my time just as much as others value theirs. Replies that are just disrespectful and it nothing more than insults are not constructive and I don't want to spend my time in an internet argument I've seen a lot of posts, especially from newer members end up just like that I'm not gonna get sucked into that Obviously I'm not talking about all the replies here.

not what that word means

Dude was trolling. Just talked shit hoping I would bite. Nothing he said was respectful or constructive. No one wants to have someone try and make them feel stupid or small. I don't do that to anyone and won't let it happen to me.

Reaction score
I believe I said this in the post ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
For sure. I was reiterating. Stick around dude. Take the criticism and keep going. It’s almost a right of passage.

Honestly, I never felt much on 500 test. I didn’t feel any real muscular or strength gains until around 800. But that’s just my experience. I did get the sex drive and all that tho.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Sincerely agree. No one is above sounds advice, especially people just beginning.

100% not in my feelings. I know we're all busy people and I legitimately appreciate people who take time from their day to help those of us in need. I value my time just as much as others value theirs. Replies that are just disrespectful and it nothing more than insults are not constructive and I don't want to spend my time in an internet argument I've seen a lot of posts, especially from newer members end up just like that I'm not gonna get sucked into that Obviously I'm not talking about all the replies here.

Dude was trolling. Just talked shit hoping I would bite. Nothing he said was respectful or constructive. No one wants to have someone try and make them feel stupid or small. I don't do that to anyone and won't let it happen to me.
No one was trolling you. You’ve demonstrated you don’t have even a basic understanding of how esters work

Reaction score
I think I'm just gonna end the updates right here. Can already feel the negative energy and really don't want to feed the trolls
Don't lose focus over replies u felt were negative. The good will outweigh the bad IMO. There are plenty of us on our first cycle or considering one that can learn from posts like yours. Keep it going!

Reaction score
No one was trolling you. You’ve demonstrated you don’t have even a basic understanding of how esters work
Are you saying that my dose is wrong, or that you can literally speak for what I felt in my body? Either way, you're just a negative person.

Reaction score
Week 5:
500mg Test E pinned in delts
appetite is manageable now, but still peckish most of the day

Sunday: Legs
Squats 1 Warm up, then 4 x 10
Leg Extension 3 x 12
Leg Curl 3 x 12
Standing calf raises 6 x 12 (changed foot placement)
Treadmill for 20min walking at slight incline

Monday: Push
Bench Press 1 Warm Up then 3 x 10
Cable Flys (all 3 directions) 3 x 10 for each ROM
Seated shoulder press 3 x 10
Lateral cable raises 3 x 10
Forward cable raises 3 x 10
Standing Tricep push down 3 x 10
Standing overhead tricep extensions 3 x 10
Treadmill for 30min walking at slight incline

Tuesday: Took off

Wednesday: Legs
Squats 1 Warm up, then 4 x 10
Leg Extension 3 x 12
Leg Curl 3 x 12
Barbell Lunges 3 x 10
Seated calf raises 6 x 12 (changed foot placement)
Treadmill for 30min walking at slight incline

Thursday: Pull
Bent over barbell row 3 x 10
Standing dumbbell row 3 x 10
Barbell lower back extensions 3 x 12 (this is more for physical therapy - it's from my physical therapist)
Seated cable row 3 x 10
Lat pull 3 x 12
Straight arm cable Lat press - don't know what to call these 3 x 10
Barbell straight arm hip rotations 3 x 12
super 7's curl 3 sets
incline curl
shoulder shrugs 4 x 12
Treadmill for 30 min. 1min run/2min walk so 10 "sprints" total
*I know I know - no deadlifts but I am easing into that as I have suffered a spinal injury (actually a few) and will work these in slowly, at really light weight.

Friday: Tomorrow is Push and it will looks similar to last push but I'll start with incline

What is your current age, height, weight, est bodyfat?
42 years old 6'3" 244 lbs likely 18-20% BF if I had to guess

What are your goals?

How long have you been training?

This is the first time I have put anything like this into my body. I typically have pretty big reactions to medication (not allergic, but I get affected kind comically), so I wanted to see how I handled it, what differences it made in my mood, energy levels, recovery and muscle mass. I started with a TRT clinic (only way I could get blood work here) and got scripts for Test C, HCG and Anastrozole. I acquired Test E and HGH from a source and finally decided to start a cycle (i never followed the TRT replacement). I did not use the HGH (advice from a Senior member of this site whom I have a lot of respect for) and started with the dose I mentioned above. Again, on advice I gained from reading through this sites forums. I know this site is called UGBB but I'm not really here for the BB part at this point. I had done an all natural competition (small, local with an over 40 and Novice category). I was at around 7% BF according to BodPod. Tore my bicep and then had several, significant events over the next 18 months. Totally lost my way. Got back on the hoarse and training again. I dropped weight (was around 270) down to about 238 and pulled the trigger and started to pin. I didn't get as light as I should have, but I felt like I needed to either shit or get off the pot so to speak. Honestly, I am already happy with what Test has done for me, whether it's 100% placebo or not I fell great and have gained muscle mass. I can get 6 workouts in a week without a ton of DOMS.

I have been lifting since middle school. Had a strength and conditioning coach in college and got a degree in Biomechanics. I have definitely taken time away from the gym over the years, but for the most part it's part of my life for a long time. With the broken back, compressed discs and pinched nerve, I don't try and lift the gym anymore. If I can't do it 8 times, I won't lift it at all. I go to failure on most sets, but not until 8-10 reps.

Asked my GF if I could post her pic and got the Heisman.

Butch_C

Pony Boy
Reaction score
this is way too much volume. Instead of stopping at an arbitrary rep of 10 or 12 for 3 sets, take 2 sets straight to failure. Volume doesn’t drive hypertrophy, mechanical tension does. Taking sets to failure maximizes that.
I was getting ready to write something similar. I see a whole lot of 10 and 12 rep sets. Are you just shooting for a certain rep count and just stopping at that number? If you are at rep 10 and can get 5 more reps, you are not going to get much out of your workout and waste a cycle. If you are stopping at 10 and you have more reps in the tank, you need to up the weight!