This look right for you guys on foot placement?

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Lately a lot on yellow cause that’s what I do them for on leg press and toes slightly pointed out feels awesome

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Lately a lot on yellow cause that’s what I do them for on leg press and toes slightly pointed out feels awesome
Will try it out now lol looking more for quads though lmao

sfw509

Reaction score
Ive gone by the high and low foot placement for a hamstring and quad dominant movement.

I use the abduction and adduction machines for inner and outer. Maybe @CJ275 can set me straight on that if needed. Hahaha

sfw509

Reaction score
Get it. Maybe you can play with your foot placement on the pendulum squat...

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Yes, the higher you place your feet, the less knee flexion you go through, so less quad involvement.

If you go wide, the adductors come into play.

I disagree with the yellow though. You can't really target a section of the quads. 3 of the 4 muscles only cross the knee joint, and originate on the femur and all connect at the same place, the patella tendon. The only muscle of the quads that's different is the rectus femoris, which crosses both the hip and knee joints.

And for the love of god, don't turn your legs in or out on leg extensions, unless you want to develop knee problems. You can not target a specific quad muscle there either, all you're doing is having the patella move in an unnatural path. The knee is a hinge joint, doing that is like opening and closing a door while hanging on it.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
So for quads, place your feet as low as you can, and as narrow as you can, while being able to go as deep as possible without your butt curling up off the pad or your heels lifting.

It'll be different for everybody, based upon ankle mobility and/or hip physiology.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Yes, see which feels best for what you're trying to do.

Just resist the urge to go high and wide just to simply put more plates on the machine.

Work the muscles, don't just move weight.
Yeah on my 3 rd work out I’m dying lol yeah fuck the plates gonna need a long time to worry about weight have 2 knee surgeries but yes seeing what feels good my fav so far facing in power squat

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
All 3 vastus muscles of the quads originate high up on the femur, and all insert at the patella tendon.

So unless you are actually bending your femur, there's no way to meaningfully target any specific vastus muscle. The knee extends, all the quad muscles pull at the patella.

Screenshot-20210817-204457-Google.jpg

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Yeah on my 3 rd work out I’m dying lol yeah fuck the plates gonna need a long time to worry about weight have 2 knee surgeries but yes seeing what feels good my fav so far facing in power squat
If your Power Squat is like mine, facing in feels like a good all around leg developer. I feel it in my ass, quads, and adductors.

Facing out it's almost all quads.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
If your Power Squat is like mine, facing in feels like a good all around leg developer. I feel it in my ass, quads, and adductors.

Facing out it's almost all quads.
Besides the ex wife which I’m not doing today that one I like a lot I can get really deep and feels good

New Threads