Rank Steroids based on Impact to HCT (Hematocrit)

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
How about we put together a list of steroids based on the impact to HCT (Hematocrit). Is there any science to this or do we have to build a chart based on bro-science?

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The one that I hear most thrown around is equipoise... I took it a few times and actually enjoyed it. The problem was it took too long to kick in. As far as science goes I don't know

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Interesting topic.

People who run bloodwork consistently should share.

My hct has never been out of range and I’ve run deca, tren and boldenon.

Merlin

Reaction score
Hmm this is a tough one. I am able to find studies on the impact of Hct but results vary widely. Most of the studies are using an umbrella encompassing all anabolic steroids. One study does however state that older adults will experience increased levels hbg and hct as opposed to younger adults https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2266950/ what sucks is most relevant data is a little outdated. An increase of up to 44% of the baseline hematocrit has been reported from a case in 1999 due to erythrocytosis. We know it increases Hct but may have to use broscience on compounds taken along with blood work to back it to figure out a list.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Interesting topic.

People who run bloodwork consistently should share.

That would be me. I do BW one week prior to a cycle, at the 4-5 week in mark and one after the end of my cycle at about 3 months post cycle. They also test when I donate blood but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

I can not speak for orals but here's what I have been tested on. Test; TRT and up to 750 mg/wk. Tren 200 and up to 400 mg/wk, EQ at 750mg/wk, NPP at 500 mg/wk. All my results come back at the 49 mark; give or take a % point. On EQ did hit a 51. Results on Deca will be next week.

Along the same topic and I apologize if this derails a good thread but I did bloods one day after donating and I was at 46. That was on TRT and I have nothing supporting how long it stayed down.

So for me, I see little to no effect on hematocrits

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
51.2 while on 500 Mg Tren / 500 Mg Test back in 2017.

Never higher than mid 40s on EQ run as high as 800 mg for as long as 20 weeks.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Probably more informative if you're wondering about increased RBC production to look at hgb than hct. Wether or not you're dehydrated or well hydrated is going to affect what your hct is.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
say we build a side by side comparison of bro-science to the actual science? so we can see a comparison?

id love to see this but there are always way too many variances in both people and their surroundings ie, elevation, actual gpp, health of the person etc...items they are using, cardio, hydration etc...

id love to see a thread started as well as a whole team here at SI of WHAT one can take such as glycerin etc that would help lower ones hct etc as well...

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So in my early 20's is when I ran a long cycle of EQ. I never did regular blood work back then, but everything came back normal at my yearly physicals and BP was always good back then- everything. Not just HCT.

A couple years ago I was running a gram of test and dbol and didn't do my regular blood donation. Crit was up around 53, lipids were crazy and BP was high. In my experience, the older you get, the more of an effect EVERYTHING has on all your bloods.

EQ gets the bad wrap for HCT, but isn't drol used to treat severe anemia and increase red blood cell production? Orals have a bigger impact on my bloods then anything.

And then there is tren...just my opinion that tren should be left for the young bucks. To each their own though.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I cant add much with nearly zero experience but maybe the numbers are helpful overall. Test cyp is my only AAS used.

200mg- 46.1
500mg-48.2

Dont need to but Ill give blood soon just bc it's a good thing to do.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I did Equipoise from February 2018 to April 2018 and with my September 2018 labs, my hematocrit was 51 and my RBC was 5.83 x10E6/uL. That is the first time in over 1.5 years that my hematocrit and rbc count were that high. As a result, I donated blood at my employer's annual blood drive.

My protocol from February to April, a 10 week mini-cycle, was 200 mg testosterone cyp and 400 mg of EQ per week. I was alternating between .5 and .75 mg of Anastrozole per week to keep my estradiol down. I came real close to running the EQ for 20 weeks while dropping the testosterone back to my TRT dose, and I'm glad I didn't. I'm probably going to stay away from it UNLESS I find that tren impacts my appetite and cardio too much.

Last edited:

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good thread. It’s a no brained, but testosterone has impacted mine, however, I have never noticed an increase beyond that based on other things I have tried In combination with test (deca, var, tren, mast, winny, dbol)

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Its so weird and odd how different items effect everyone, when i fist atrted trt about 12 yrs ago or so it was awesome never had an issue , ffwd to around 1 yr ago and my hematocrit and hemaglobin just would not go down no matter how hydrated i became etc...

Now im about to get be done this next week after suffering horrible depression after quiting trt 2 yrs ago due to chasing my tail on blood work and working with multiple hematologists, and never could come up with an answer....2 yrs off trt and my levels returned to 549 total test, which is good but never answered anything and never made me feel good...

Ill report back w bw once i get it all done next week so i can see about going back on trt....which i more than likely will because of the depression and stuff

If u suffer from hypercholesterolemia, could it be a culprit? Dunno, but trying to get that taken care of as well

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Eq anything less than 20 wks is not worth it! Anytime you chose to use AAS, your taking a risk!
May as well go all the way!

Everyone is different, I ran eq for a full year with out any problems!
Tht doesn't mean tht will work for the next guy!! Blood work is the key,or continue to rely on bro science!!!

New Threads