Looking into new gym soon

Reaction score
Hi, so... I'm in Lorain county Ohio east side (west of Cleveland) looking into a new gym soon.

I love the place I'm at now, everything is accessible without interruption, staff is very helpful/knowledgeable, and its 24hr place. But I feel I need an affordable gym where I can work one on one with trainer without shelling out hundreds of dollars a month. I know people need to pay bills and cover costs of living, sadly I'm not made of money and I feel like I need to boost my workouts and diet to put on some serious muscle. I'm slowly learning and little by little I'm getting some results but I know others get faster cleaner results through trainer guided workouts.

I dunno, that's maybe mind games or just one sided viewing. I'd rather work with professionals rather than spend the next several years doing trial and error.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
You dont need to pay a trainer to get your diet on point! There are plenty of guys here to answer any questions you may have. Also just browse the stickies, there is a ton of info right here! If you want to pay a trainer more power to you, but with some research you can figure it out on your own and save yourself money. Its really up to you and no one person is alike, taking some time to learn what works is all part of the fun in this sport anways in my opinion. Enjoy the ride my friend!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Instead of the gym trainers, which are usually shitty, especially if you're going to be using one at a cheap gym, seek out a good one for a consultation on your program, diet, and exercise technique.

It does not have to be an every day thing, could just be the initial consult, and a check in here and there, or a workout together as needed.

Raider

Elite
Reaction score
What these guys said, there is more experience on this board then you’ll ever get from a trainer. As the men said, you can do what works best for ya, one of the problems you could also encounter is how do you know the trainer you get is worth their mud? I just think you could keep the gym you love, keep your $ and learn right here. All the best in whatever you choose my man!

Reaction score
Thank you everyone, who knows, The trainers at my gym are great people with knowledge/experience they might have something special in terms of cost when renewal comes up. It would be nice if they offered incentives to stay there, we will see come April.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I have yet to see a personal trainer that looks like they should be a personal trainer.
If you think switching to a cheaper gym that offers free/low cost "personal trainers" is going to take you to the next level you are sorely mistaken.
You can learn a lot more from the members here and youtube videos.

Reactions: CJ

big_wolf_Gang

Reaction score
Grasshopper my fella BB. Please heed the advice of Masters above^^^^

Reaction score
my expections when i pick a gym
24 hours
can get to the equipment fast
under 50 dollars a month
under 20 minutes from house
don't get a trainner unless your the next Mr Olympia, you can figure it out.
but if you think it will make you gain 10 more pounds a year get a independent one with with a good resume

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
There is a trainer at my gym and hes got this fat bianca in her 60's standing on a damn bosu ball doing cable curls. ... i dont think shes lifted a weight in her life. No idea why hed throw her on a damn bosu ball.

Gabriel

Reaction score
First,the trainers these days at most gyms get paid peanuts-you get what you pay for.A basic life lesson...........You want to change something,research,become educated on that subject...depend on yourself.......If you want something bad enough-you will find a way...I never rely on others ,,not anymore...

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
Trainers arent needed except for those who need company, babysitting and rep counting.
IF a newb, a few sessions to get going is beneficial. Long term trainers, waste of money.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Wolf Gang......................that was the name of my 1st Wolf Hybrid...yeah Wolf Gang Taos-28 years ago...cool name!!

Reaction score
I’ve seen legit trainers locally. Danny Padilla trains locally, there’s an ex female bodybuilder that has taken girls from fat to the stage. There’s at least 2 powerlifters that train, and they put up some numbers.

That being said, it’s a rarity to find a real trainer. And the ones worth a shit, are expensive. Rightfully so.

Gabriel

Reaction score
I do agree with S30.....Not being in a big town in some time now,haven't seen many real trainers...The market is so flooded and it's about to kickoff the biggest month ever in 5 days...God I hate Jan......all the New Years Resos...Don't get me wrong I think it's great people atleast trying,,but the Vampires that take advantage and take their money and leave them to fend for themselves...And eventually get injured,hurt ,discouraged and quit only to pay every month for years.....NO I hate that ****....So, this gyms I will not name ,,,hire some pretty boys that don't know what whey even is,to train this poor bastards.............That's the crap I see all the time..

New Threads