Steroids and age

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
So I've been reading through the stickies some more lately...I'm pretty new to this forum but not new to others...
One thing I haven't really seen in the "AAS for noobs" type threads is the issue of age...unless I've read over it on accident.
Most forums say at least 23, but 25 being optimum along side a few years of CONSISTENT training and CONSISTENT dieting. As well as a lower bf% and a solid well trained base.

So what do the guys and gals here at UGB think about age and AAS?

Last edited:

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Me personally I feel the age of 30 is a good starting age, any younger I feel the basic which is food creatine and good old liftin is enough.

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
Lo
Me personally I feel the age of 30 is a good starting age, any younger I feel the basic which is food creatine and good old liftin is enough.

Can't really argue that fact...

But wouldn't you say that it would depend on blood work? If you stay in the gym and eat right you SHOULD keep good.test levels...but.some fall short and have lower test levels...not Low T worthy...but lower than they need to be to continue progression in the gym

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
its not as much as what age u decide to juice..I feel under 25 your still thinking like a kid and can make poor choices that can effect the rest of your life..I started at 30 but trained since a young age.Did i make the right choice i dont know what i do know is its very important to have a full education on aas before taking the needle in hand

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
its not as much as what age u decide to juice..I feel under 25 your still thinking like a kid and can make poor choices that can effect the rest of your life..I started at 30 but trained since a young age.Did i make the right choice i dont know what i do know is its very important to have a full education on aas before taking the needle in hand

Very true...I'd rather see a 21 yr old that's been researching AAS since he was 18 do a cycle than a 30yr old that's a complete noob to the subject.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think it comes down to your goal and commitment. If you are a gym rat that just wants big arms. I'm with Jada 30 is a good number. If you are modeling or using your body as means of income 25-27 at this point even with strick diet and commitment it will become harder to maintain low levels of body fat and continue to have a hard look. If you what to become a heavy weight pro and you have demonstrated the level of commitment it takes to make it (less than 1% of the people in this sport) 21-23 or whenever you stop growing naturally. When I say; whenever you stop growing naturally what I mean is when your body has stopped developing and you are no longer able to gain mass....if you are 21, 5' 11, 160 lbs and a "hard gainer" I'm not talking to you. This is the guy that should not use AAS.....ever.

This is just my opinion. I do not know what age someone should use AAS I am totally speculating because there is nothing on TV. Everyone is diffrent......flame on

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
I think it comes down to your goal and commitment. If you are a gym rat that just wants big arms. I'm with Jada 30 is a good number. If you are modeling or using your body as means of income 25-27 at this point even with strick diet and commitment it will become harder to maintain low levels of body fat and continue to have a hard look. If you what to become a heavy weight pro and you have demonstrated the level of commitment it takes to make it (less than 1% of the people in this sport) 21-23 or whenever you stop growing naturally. When I say; whenever you stop growing naturally what I mean is when your body has stopped developing and you are no longer able to gain mass....if you are 21, 5' 11, 160 lbs and a "hard gainer" I'm not talking to you. This is the guy that should not use AAS.....ever.

This is just my opinion. I do not know what age someone should use AAS I am totally speculating because there is nothing on TV. Everyone is diffrent......flame on

Lol hard gainer :)
You mean the Zyzz crew? Lololol

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't think it can be quantified. Someone who is mature enough and already has a medical necessity for trt won't have a problem because hpta is already shot. Mostly though i think it is maturity level. Need to be dedicated to stick to a diet and program. If you cycle and then end up at the same stats you were before so, i would say you weren't dedicated or disciplined enough to cycle. Why do it if you end up where you started?

don draco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't think there has ever been a consensus on this topic. Everybody has different views on who should & shouldn't take gear. At the end of the day, I think the knowledge you have concerning AAS use will have a greater impact on you than age ever will ( unless you're at a fragile age.. 18 & below in my opinion ). For example, I see a much bigger problem with a 25 yr old running a superdrol only cycle with no PCT or liver support as opposed to a 21 year old who knows what he's doing & has his shit together. Knowledge is key in this game.. I think we can all agree on that. The right age for taking gear, however, is a very subjective matter. I don't think there will ever be a clear answer, as everybody's body at any given age is different.

Last edited:

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll stop when I'm dead. Well TRT anyways, not sure about "hard core" cycling. I fully expect my body to tell me when it's time.

What about the other end? When is it time to stop hard core cycling? age 45? 50? 55?

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Given the individual has a thorough understanding of AAS & PCT and has consistently trained hard and kept a clean diet for no less than 3years, I say 21 is the minimum age.

Reaction score
Yeah, i was 30 also when i started. Now 38 and i am still learning, have learned i have made a few mistakes on past cycles.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Most pros start gear as teens/young adults

For other people, mid 20s be fine

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's really a personal choice. No one should think at any age that their decision to use PED's won't have potentially serious ramifications on their health.

To me the reason I am attracted to UGBB is to minimize those risks as I have already made the decision to visit (and now fully reside) on the dark side.

As for your question directly, I had never used testosterone until I started HRT/TRT at 44 years old. I can honestly say I am in the best shape of my life today after 3 years of hgh and testosterone.

Reactions: DF

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Once you turn 18, it's all on you. I will never tell a grown man what he should or shouldn't do. Not my body, not my buisness. If you can die for your country, you can stick some Testosterone in your ass. A couple of my buddies I played hockey with started at 18. Both ended up on full D1 scholarships and one played in the NHL for 7 years, and made millions of dollars. Try telling him he was too young at 18.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Once you turn 18, it's all on you. I will never tell a grown man what he should or shouldn't do. Not my body, not my buisness. If you can die for your country, you can stick some Testosterone in your ass. A couple of my buddies I played hockey with started at 18. Both ended up on full D1 scholarships and one played in the NHL for 7 years, and made millions of dollars. Try telling him he was too young at 18.

While I agree about the die for your country thing...99% of 18 yr old now a days are NOT grown men...

It's all about whether you're done growing (growth plates and such) and your maturity of the subject...could be 18...could be 30...there is no answer to this question

New Threads