Anavar added 5 pounds in 6 weeks can I

Reaction score
Hi all,
Been training from about 12, now 62. My first every steroid's, Anavar, 2 x 10mg per day, added 5 pounds body weight in just under 6 weeks, and training harder and extreme volume.
Unsure, but could I run this for 12 weeks, upping the mgs to say 30mg or 40mg. If so, what would I do, lay off for 12 weeks and try again ???

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
how much testosterone are you taking with the anavar?

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Been training from about 12, now 62. My first every steroid's, Anavar, 2 x 10mg per day, added 5 pounds body weight in just under 6 weeks, and training harder and extreme volume.
Unsure, but could I run this for 12 weeks, upping the mgs to say 30mg or 40mg. If so, what would I do, lay off for 12 weeks and try again ???
That would depend in part on your bloodwork.

How do your liver and kidney values look?

How about hematocrit, RBC, etc.?

Hba1c?

Cholestrol?

Hormone panel?

Reaction score
Oral steroids for 12 weeks at 62 is a very bad idea. Oral steroid only cycles are a bad idea for any man.

Better at your age to get on TRT.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
This is all over the place!

Oral only cycles are suboptimal at best, dangerous at worst

Adding only 5 pounds in 6 weeks seems kinda low, what is your diet like?

Upping the dose and extending the cycle length is a terrible idea

At your age there is a good chance your test levels are low and now that you have done a cycle the level is probably close zero. Get bloodwork done! Unfortunately trt might be in your future

Reaction score
That would depend in part on your bloodwork.

How do your liver and kidney values look?

How about hematocrit, RBC, etc.?

Hba1c?

Cholestrol?

Hormone panel?
Hi,

Not ever done any steroid's before, so did not think I needed blood tests. Where would I get these done ??? Or go to Dr, but can I do that if on Anavar ???

Reaction score
Oral steroids for 12 weeks at 62 is a very bad idea. Oral steroid only cycles are a bad idea for any man.

Better at your age to get on TRT.
Only coming up to 6 weeks now. I thought most here would be on Oral ???

Yes I was told for my first ever steroid cycle to try TRT, but did not fancy the injections, and thought this Anavar, with few few if any side effects, was the way to go ???

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Only coming up to 6 weeks now. I thought most here would be on Oral ???

Yes I was told for my first ever steroid cycle to try TRT, but did not fancy the injections, and thought this Anavar, with few few if any side effects, was the way to go ???
we get oral were not on just orals without a test

Reaction score
This is all over the place!

Oral only cycles are suboptimal at best, dangerous at worst

Adding only 5 pounds in 6 weeks seems kinda low, what is your diet like?

Upping the dose and extending the cycle length is a terrible idea

At your age there is a good chance your test levels are low and now that you have done a cycle the level is probably close zero. Get bloodwork done! Unfortunately trt might be in your future
As I read up on Anavar, I thought it the best one to try first, just to get into steroids and training.

I should have said,
After changing my Gym program around and diet, training as hard, (well every training session is brutal, like it should be) as I can, several times a week in my Gym.
From September 2022 to September 2023.
Weight added to bodyweight = 13 pounds.
Fat added to my bodyweight = 4 Pounds. (but I basically knew this. Now is the time too add more muscle, but lower the bodyfat hopefully)
Muscle added to bodyweight = 9 pounds.
Not too bad for 62 years of age.

So after adding that, I thought to myself, another 5 pounds, this is fantastic.

You mean I should stop at 6 weeks ???

I am, and my family very young looking, and fit, most would say I looked around 47/52. I feel very good, and very energetic, but always have felt like that, but little more on Anavar. So would Dr do this, as Anavar is not legal.

Reaction score
Hi all,
first off I'm 45 yrs old
180 lbs lean 10-12 % body fat
been training since 20
about 5 years' experience using gear with most all popular compounds.
Now that I have gotten the intro out of the way. I think I can possibly offer some advice, if it doesn't hurt the feelings of the community or moderator.
I just came off an Anavar cycle so I think I'm qualified to offer some anecdotal evidence or at least my findings. I wouldn't recommend running such a high dose for such an extended time. now, that's not saying you can't run Anavar for a long time. vigorous Steve apparently has ran pharma grade at a 2.5 mg dose for a year straight without any big notable changed in blood work parameters. It's one of the few PED's that can be ran for a long time, however, at your age I would not recommend it. check out Vigorous Steve 's video on Youtube titled "Orals Worth it or Not." I personally love Anavar, I think it's an awesome compound best nitrogen retention and collagen synthesis properties. I run it at 20 mg a day usually along side my test base at 400 mg and mast at 200 mg. make me diced up like an onion. veins everywhere!

Reaction score
so I think I'm qualified to offer some anecdotal evidence or at least my findings
You are not qualified. Piss-poor past posts aside, here is why:
I'm 45 yrs old
been training since 20
vigorous Steve
5 years' experience using gear with most all popular compounds
25 years of lifting, 20% of which you spent using gear, and you're only 180 lbs at "10-12% BF". Unless you're vertically challenged, you don't know how to train.

And you watch Vigorous Steve.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
first off I'm 45 yrs old
been training since 20
Now that I have gotten the intro out of the way. I think I can possibly offer some advice, if it doesn't hurt the feelings of the community or moderator.
I just came off an Anavar cycle so I think I'm qualified to offer some anecdotal evidence or at least my findings. I wouldn't recommend running such a high dose for such an extended time. now, that's not saying you can't run Anavar for a long time. vigorous Steve apparently has ran pharma grade at a 2.5 mg dose for a year straight without any big notable changed in blood work parameters. It's one of the few PED's that can be ran for a long time, however, at your age I would not recommend it. check out Vigorous Steve 's video on Youtube titled "Orals Worth it or Not." I personally love Anavar, I think it's an awesome compound best nitrogen retention and collagen synthesis properties. I run it at 20 mg a day usually along side my test base at 400 mg and mast at 200 mg. make me diced up like an onion. veins everywhere!
are u a top or botttom?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
first off I'm 45 yrs old
been training since 20

Wait one fucking minute....

Aren't you the new guy telling everyone how great of a cycle 400mg Test with 400mg of Mast/Primo, plus Lantus and Humalog, plus GH, and telmisartan is?

You weigh 180 lbs at only beach lean after 25 years of training and 5 YEARS of steroid use.

Shut the fuck up with cycle advice, and learn how to eat and train!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Reaction score
It's great that you take care of yourself at such an age. I think you should get some tests done. Come back after you get the results."

Reaction score
HI,

Now I dont know who too believe.

Please dont think of me as 62, as human clocks age diffrent, I am nothing like 62, but then again I am.

I thought most would sat 2 x 10mg a day was fine, and you would say up the dosage. And for my first cycle Anavar is the one to take, and 121 weeks would be ok.

I did read up on this, but will have to more. I feel fine on this, but you all should know better than my, as I have been naural 50 years, and only the last 3 months reading up on this.

Thank ou all

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
HI,

Now I dont know who too believe.

Please dont think of me as 62, as human clocks age diffrent, I am nothing like 62, but then again I am.

I thought most would sat 2 x 10mg a day was fine, and you would say up the dosage. And for my first cycle Anavar is the one to take, and 121 weeks would be ok.

I did read up on this, but will have to more. I feel fine on this, but you all should know better than my, as I have been naural 50 years, and only the last 3 months reading up on this.

Thank ou all

In all honesty, at you age, your natural testosterone level is more than likely low.

Best bet is to have it checked, your doctor should have no problem with this, then use that information to get a clear picture.

If you are deficient, going on TRT will absolutely blow away the anavar you're taking. And don't think it's cheating, it's just medically replacing what your body isn't producing. It's no different than using glasses or a hearing aid, or insulin for a diabetic.

New Threads