Anavar instead of tren?

Reaction score
OK, don't flame me over this :). I was talking to a guy today who is thinking about prepping for a contest (for the first time, so he doesn't have a lot good experience or information). He told me he talked to a trainer who told him to avoid tren and instead use 100mg/day of anavar. I didn't know enough to make a comment to him, so I did want to ask what you experienced guys think. I personally don't see the sense in that. They don't seem similar at all.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
For conditioning effects pre contest there may be some truth to that: you’ve already gained your muscle and cut your fat and you just need something to make you look pumped up and veiny.

but for contest prep: no contest.

Anavar is a very mild drug. Tren is one of the harshest and most effective.

Chances are your friends trainer know about as much as other trainers do about steroids:)

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
For conditioning effects pre contest there may be some truth to that: you’ve already gained your muscle and cut your fat and you just need something to make you look pumped up and veiny.

but for contest prep: no contest. You’d probably only gain/keep a fraction of your lean mass on a massive dose (100mg) of anavar vs a relatively low dose of tren(350/wk)

Anavar is a very mild drug. Tren is one of the harshest and most effective.

Chances are your friends trainer know about as much as other trainers do about steroids:)

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Maybe he was doing mens physique and the coach was telling him he didn't need something as harsh as tren?

And for the record: tren>anavar all day, every day

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
They are 2 different drugs and used differently. Tren is used over a longer time period and therefor you reap the benefits over a longer period of time. I agree with Jin that Tren is harsher then Anavar but by no means do I personally feel its a mild drug and certainly not at 100 mg/day.

If you are competing and can tolerate both drugs, which you should have tried individually prior to a combined use, they can be used together. Tren though-out the cycle or for at least 10 weeks within the cycle and Anavar the last 4 weeks. Trust me, with an on point diet and training, you will look like you have dick skin pulled over your entire body.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
They are 2 different drugs and used differently. Tren is used over a longer time period and therefor you reap the benefits over a longer period of time. I agree with Jin that Tren is harsher then Anavar but by no means do I personally feel its a mild drug and certainly not at 100 mg/day.

If you are competing and can tolerate both drugs, which you should have tried individually prior to a combined use, they can be used together. Tren though-out the cycle or for at least 10 weeks within the cycle and Anavar the last 4 weeks. Trust me, with an on point diet and training, you will look like you have dick skin pulled over your entire body.

That's a very interesting visual Snake. lol

But your right, Tren and then Var. Don't know that I would take 100mg, but maybe 80mg at the top end.

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
If you are competing and can tolerate both drugs, which you should have tried individually prior to a combined use, they can be used together. Tren though-out the cycle or for at least 10 weeks within the cycle and Anavar the last 4 weeks.
This right here. As for the anavar, 40mg/day if it is RX, 75mg/day from a UGL. If a trainer is recommending 100mg/day, it is either some weak crap the trainer is trying to sell himself or, most likely as Jin said, he doesn't know what he is talking about.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This right here. As for the anavar, 40mg/day if it is RX, 75mg/day from a UGL. If a trainer is recommending 100mg/day, it is either some weak crap the trainer is trying to sell himself or, most likely as Jin said, he doesn't know what he is talking about.

THIS>>>

UGL 60-90mg depending on the strength, RX 40 is perfect.

I like what Snake said about using both at a lower dose, but again, if you have never used either one, never competed, take things slow & learn

Reaction score
This is apples to oranges. They will both make you harder and lose weight, but tren is much much more potent.

Beedeezy

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve used both together but never Var without tren. Together they are magical, but I’ve also found out recently 200mg/wk of Tren is beautiful. Let’s talk about low dose tren instead!

New Threads