Anybody work for the federal government?

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I just started a federal government job at the VA as a nurse. What a culture shock! Anyone else work for the fed? What are the pros and cons? Welcome any and all input! Thanks guys and gals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
I wish to hear about this culture shock.... I had good experiences with the VA in Colorado. Haven't used VA in GA yet.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I just started a federal government job at the VA as a nurse. What a culture shock! Anyone else work for the fed? What are the pros and cons? Welcome any and all input! Thanks guys and gals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depends on which section of the gov u work for id suppose? There are a ton, some u dont even know about… im just a flower salesman…. Last name is focker…

GSgator

Reaction score
Last week I had 4 of my guys almost die doing a shut down at the VA up here . All paper work and forms were done and everything was a go .

The Sat before last they shut the power down and locked everything out to swap a 6,000 amp breaker @480v. The maintenance guys decided since everything was off to test the generator and somehow it back fed thru the transfer switch and only seconds before the breaker just got torque down and 2 guys were still in the gear The transformer next to them started humming and they knew some how the gear was powered up.

These guys truly dodged a bullet the investigation is currently going on I won’t except anything less then that entire maintenance crew losing there jobs . Everyone in that crew is married and has kids.

Reaction score
Last week I had 4 of my guys almost die doing a shut down at the VA up here . All paper work and forms were done and everything was a go .

The Sat before last they shut the power down and locked everything out to swap a 6,000 amp breaker @480v. The maintenance guys decided since everything was off to test the generator and somehow it back fed thru the transfer switch and only seconds before the breaker just got torque down and 2 guys were still in the gear The transformer next to them started humming and they knew some how the gear was powered up.

These guys truly dodged a bullet the investigation is currently going on I won’t except anything less then that entire maintenance crew losing there jobs . Everyone in that crew is married and has kids.
unacceptable near miss. glad your guys are ok.

New Threads