Cycle prep questions

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am planning on starting my next cycle early Jan and wanted to go ahead and get some info for it so that I can get everything ready and get some feedback.

Last cycle I ran Test E 500mg/wk for 12 weeks. Ran a PCT and that's that. Ended July 3rd of this year. Ever since I have been training as intense as I can and I have been eating in a slight surplus to try to keep as much size on as possible. My strength has gone down pretty noticeably, but my size has not changed much, I lost a little size in my shoulders and I feel like my arms are slightly smaller, but legs and torso have been looking good, don't think they lost much size. I assume it is normal to lose some size and strength after a cycle but I wanted to list those out just to give as much info as possible.

I know that a lot of pros and many of yall on here talk about blasting and cruising. I want to get y'alls feedback on me doing that. I am 22 and my Test levels are still fine after my PCT, I haven't gotten a blood test done since 6 weeks ago but I can go get another if that would be helpful information for you guys. While I did recover well after my first cycle, I plan on taking steroids for the remainder of my life and that will likely lead to TRT at some point anyway when I come off later in my life. Considering that, should I blast and cruise now or is there a benefit to cycling with PCT for a few years first since I am younger?

Lastly, for my cycle I am wanting to put on some size, I liked my test E cycle but I wanted to get some feedback on throwing in Primo or Mast. I also was looking into anavar and thought that it seemed like a solid choice as well. I wasn't fond of what I have heard about Deca from some of the people I know that have taken it, but if you have any other suggestions or reasons why these are good / bad ideas please let me know.

Glad to be back fellas, it's been a minute

TiredandHot

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am planning on starting my next cycle early Jan and wanted to go ahead and get some info for it so that I can get everything ready and get some feedback.

Last cycle I ran Test E 500mg/wk for 12 weeks. Ran a PCT and that's that. Ended July 3rd of this year. Ever since I have been training as intense as I can and I have been eating in a slight surplus to try to keep as much size on as possible. My strength has gone down pretty noticeably, but my size has not changed much, I lost a little size in my shoulders and I feel like my arms are slightly smaller, but legs and torso have been looking good, don't think they lost much size. I assume it is normal to lose some size and strength after a cycle but I wanted to list those out just to give as much info as possible.

I know that a lot of pros and many of yall on here talk about blasting and cruising. I want to get y'alls feedback on me doing that. I am 22 and my Test levels are still fine after my PCT, I haven't gotten a blood test done since 6 weeks ago but I can go get another if that would be helpful information for you guys. While I did recover well after my first cycle, I plan on taking steroids for the remainder of my life and that will likely lead to TRT at some point anyway when I come off later in my life. Considering that, should I blast and cruise now or is there a benefit to cycling with PCT for a few years first since I am younger?

Lastly, for my cycle I am wanting to put on some size, I liked my test E cycle but I wanted to get some feedback on throwing in Primo or Mast. I also was looking into anavar and thought that it seemed like a solid choice as well. I wasn't fond of what I have heard about Deca from some of the people I know that have taken it, but if you have any other suggestions or reasons why these are good / bad ideas please let me know.

22 is very young. Are you 100% set of taking testosterone and other steroids for the rest of your life? You really need to think this through before choosing to cruise after your next cycle.

Reaction score
You’re 22 years old. How do you know you will be doing this for the rest of your life?

Are you planning on having kids?

What if your girlfriend or future wife wants to have kids 8 years from now?

What are your natural testosterone levels?

Unless you’re earning a living largely because of this, it’s far too early to make lifelong decisions and commitments based off of just one cycle.

Most guys that blast and cruise are in their upper 30s/40s, have already had kids, and are experiencing naturally declining testosterone levels anyway.

Don’t use deca when PCTing, the ester is too long (longer half-life) and the metabolites take longer to clear.

At 22 years old, you’re too young bud.

Thebiggestdumbass

Captain Dumbass 🦸
Reaction score
I’m 24 and on TRT out of necessity for the last year. Sure it’s cool you get to blast steroids and not worry about pct and stuff but I have to pin 2x a week for the next 80 years (hopefully)

Think about it for a while

TiredandHot

Reaction score
22 is very young. Are you 100% set of taking testosterone and other steroids for the rest of your life? You really need to think this through before choosing to cruise after your next cycle.
@ChickenLegs I would try and edit my post but I think I'm almost out of time.

I decided to do my first blast at 35 years old, planned to PCT off after as I had everything necessary. What I actually did after the cycle was choose to temporary cruise till my next blast then finally pct off...and here we are 6 years later and I'm still choosing to cruise and never did the pct.

Now I'm regretting that decision as I'm not sure I want to do this the rest of my life. But I don't know what my natural test levels are after this long, so now I might need to be on trt forever. And I either have to attempt getting a script with a real doctor, paying more to a trt clinic, or continue ugl.

Said all that to say it's a big decision, not to be taken lightly.

Reaction score
You’re 22 years old. How do you know you will be doing this for the rest of your life?

Are you planning on having kids?

What if your girlfriend or future wife wants to have kids 8 years from now?

What are your natural testosterone levels?

Unless you’re earning a living largely because of this, it’s far too early to make lifelong decisions and commitments based off of just one cycle.

Most guys that blast and cruise are in their upper 30s/40s, have already had kids, and are experiencing naturally declining testosterone levels anyway.

Don’t use deca when PCTing, the ester is too long (longer half-life) and the metabolites take longer to clear.

At 22 years old, you’re too young bud.
Thanks to you and @TiredandHot for your insight. While I do 100% plan on having this be life long and have already made that commitment, I get what you mean. While B&C would be better for a bodybuilding perspective to keep as much muscle as possible, I think cycling would be better for now as I can have a possibility of a way out if that ever became a reality. I’ll drop the idea of blasting and cruising for the time being and may revisit it further down the line. Thanks fellas

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
At 22 I'd recommend running hct all through your cycles and coming off between them. You don't need to risk shutting yourself down permanently before you're even able to rent a car

Reaction score

No one answered your cycle advice question although they addressed the larger issue of committing to TRT for the rest of your life at 22yrs old! I'd advise against that and at 22 I had no fucking clue what I was doing and I ended up with a serious opioid addiction so?

I would run the following but im partial to lower aromatizing potential compounds...

Wk 1 to 6
350mg Testosterone C/E ew
350mg Drostanolone E or Methenolone E ew

Wk 7 to 12
500mg Testosterone C/E ew
500mg Drostanolone E or Methenolone E ew

You could switch out the long esters for shorter ones at the end but not necessary. I always advise people to only add one new compound in at a time and keep doses minimal effective! You could just run the 350/350 and instead add oxandrolone in for the last 6 weeks but again it's a good idea to try each new compound without complications!

I will tell you while your running PCT friendly cycles stay away from Nandrolone and probably even boldenone in the undecylenate form. I think your gonna be good with primo or Mast for your next two cycles to try them out? Both are excellent compounds and can be used to good effect in both bulking and cutting contrary to popular belief!

New Threads