Fellas, Fellas, Fellas!

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
God damn boys. We gotta find some common ground and a place to reset. All of this drama over the past 6 months is ludicrous. I understand that at times, it’s inevitable. But for fuck sake, we are men, and even some women too. This is supposed to be a community, a family, a brotherhood, a place where you can go and feel at home with other like minded individuals and find support, respect, encouragement, etc. I know we don’t always agree on things and get nippy, say a few things here and there, but God bless, we are men. UG has turned into the fucking battleground of middle school girls that would likely be a good candidate for a show on MTV and might conquer teen mom. This shit is getting outrageous and I’ve even considered leaving UG for good, multiple times, but I don’t. Because there are plenty of good people here and tons of potential. I’ll be the one to say this, and I might get fucking banned for it. But god damn, @mugzy where the fuck are you? What happened to you? How do you expect your mods to even mod when you aren’t around or care anymore? Why haven’t you sold this board and retired? Mugzy, we go way fucking back, what happened man? This ain’t shit that would ever fly in the old days? I hope it’s not greed and complacency, because we all know what that leads to for anyone. For fuck sake, if we don’t get this board back on track soon, it’s gonna crumble. It’s deteriorating every fucking day. People come to the mods that are actually active with concerns, and they have nowhere to fucking go. They have to make their own decisions and hope for the best. This board is very close to seeing its final days unless some serious changes take place. And if me speaking my part means me losing my
Place here, then so be it, this shit is out of hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
Yep. I barely even glance here anymore. Used to be a daily contributor.

Miss the old days. But I can say that about a lot of things.

Exactly man. You already know. It doesn’t have to be like this. My home board that mugzy used to own, is nothing like this. And the minute it even gets close, it’s gets handled. Too many things aren’t right. And the OG’s that are still around, know that.

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
And like I expected, minimal fucking response.

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
Nobody? Are you scared to say anything? What is it? I have seen people for almost a year bitch about so much shit, complain in threads, go all over the place with different things. But I make this post and everyone is silent? Really? And what’s even crazier, I’d that I’m the last motherfucker to do this. I’ve waited a long ass time to say shit. I’ve been around way longer than what my cred says on UG. I’m very well known. I don’t have a god damn thing to prove or any need to win anyone over. One a lot of boards my username and my word says enough. But to the ones that care, are you really gonna sit back and let this shit fucking happen? Are you not gonna fight? Are you not gonna speak on your own behalf?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Nobody? Are you scared to say anything? What is it? I have seen people for almost a year bitch about so much shit, complain in threads, go all over the place with different things. But I make this post and everyone is silent? Really? And what’s even crazier, I’d that I’m the last motherfucker to do this. I’ve waited a long ass time to say shit. I’ve been around way longer than what my cred says on UG. I’m very well known. I don’t have a god damn thing to prove or any need to win anyone over. One a lot of boards my username and my word says enough. But to the ones that care, are you really gonna sit back and let this shit fucking happen? Are you not gonna fight? Are you not gonna speak on your own behalf?

I think a lot of people may have moved on due to the things you mentioned.

Plus it is holiday season. I haven't been around long but in my 2 years here I've noticed things really slow down around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Could be a combination of the two things 🤷‍♂️

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I dont look here much so maybe the changes have been more striking than the slow transformation it mustve been. But most apparent are two things.

1. Back when this board was in its prime, when some noob showed up to ask questions, they mighta got ribbed a bit but they were treated with respect and given both great and positive advice. Now, they get immediately attacked.

2. The fucking drama. People got in arguments over things, and then later worked shit out. There was none of this millenial type drama going on. Bitter quarreling and childish bullshit is all it is.

Theres a whole lot more but those two are most glaring to me.

Anyway. My .02

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I dont look here much so maybe the changes have been more striking than the slow transformation it mustve been. But most apparent are two things.

1. Back when this board was in its prime, when some noob showed up to ask questions, they mighta got ribbed a bit but they were treated with respect and given both great and positive advice. Now, they get immediately attacked.

2. The fucking drama. People got in arguments over things, and then later worked shit out. There was none of this millenial type drama going on. Bitter quarreling and childish bullshit is all it is.

Theres a whole lot more but those two are most glaring to me.

Anyway. My .02
The attacks have gone down dramatically since a certain group of people have chosen to no longer participate on this board. I'm hoping it continues to stay this way, and things pick up after the holiday season is over.

We'll see.

crido887

Reaction score
The attacks have gone down dramatically since a certain group of people have chosen to no longer participate on this board. I'm hoping it continues to stay this way, and things pick up after the holiday season is over.

We'll see.
January 1st. New year resolution established

January 8th, tired of slow gains
January 9th register and look for steroids
January 10th influx of new members on UGBB

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
I didn't respond initially because I wasn't sure how much I could add to that. I will say that I came to this board because it wasn't like a lot of the other boards. It didn't have a lot of the same knucklehead behavior. Unfortunately, there's been an uptick in that. People getting attacked, people calling each other out, calling each other names, just saying stupid and ignorant shit to each other. This board is becoming like all of the other boards that I left to come here.

When that happens, that sense of community that I found so attractive goes out the window.

I feel like standards have slipped.

It's not as bad yet, and I still have faith that we can pull it back from the brink.

Reaction score
I'm relatively new (joined earlier this year), but have witnessed everything mentioned above. I lurked for quite awhile and only recently jumped back in to making posts or contributing to others threads. Honestly, I didn't feel like getting attacked for saying something against the orthodoxy. Not that I care about some random dude's opinion about me on the internet, I just don't need the drama.

What I see here is indicative of the culture on almost any message board nowadays, whether it's sports, politics, etc. People feel like they can sit behind a keyboard and spout off to whoever they want with no repercussions. When that becomes the culture, normal people withdraw because they don't want the drama. Things are fucked up enough in this world and getting worse. Coming here shouldn't be like that. I wouldn't say a fraction of the crap I see here to people in real life, but others don't abide by that "golden rule". It gets tiresome.

Anyway, I come here to get good advice, mostly to 1) keep myself in check when it comes to workouts and nutrition (am I doing something stupid in the gym?), and 2) thoughts on gear/cycles etc. I selectively post and have gotten good responses, but I also read alot of other threads and selectively interject. Most of what I see is juvenile garbage, but there are some nuggets of wisdom here and there. I would like to see the juvenile garbage disappear completely, and I think that would lead to better contributions from noobs and seniors alike.

That just my $0.02 ...

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input. Even if it seems to be pointless, it’s very informative to me. Especially those that lurked and chose to not get involved because of the drama. If that doesn’t speak volumes, I don’t know what does. This is stupid and we don’t have to be here.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
I think the norms of some Boards don't jive here. Granted there was a mass amount of 'fugees, but they also brought their norms and clashed with SI's culture.

Reader591

Reaction score
Seems to make more sense with the bs accounts popping up everywhere…… that and some of the drama threw me off coming here

TeddyBear

Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
Board is a Reflection of Real World Loss of Civility
This board is simply seeing what we’re seeing in the real world too.

The number of times I’ve heard friends have had to call the police to pull back angry customers at the airport. Or how our school has seen a 8x increase in parent teacher conferences, referrals, suspensions, and expulsions this year compared to last.​
People are losing civility: our bonds are increasingly fragmented. The things that used to unify people are splitting them further. We’d at least share the same prime-time landscape on TV, but now you can’t even talk in person about a show without spoiling it or having to explain it. You can be vitriolic and embraced for extreme political views. People engage less with their neighbors, families.​
Oh, you and your circle are the exception. That’s wonderful, cherish it, but that’s not true for most people.​

IMO: It’s Time to Go
As for this board; when it stops serving your purpose, when it becomes a source of bitter nostalgia, antagonism, or hopeless guiding. Stop. Breathe. Leave.

So many guys have said “goodbye”, myself included. People can hop ship all they want, but that doesn’t change the direction of the ship. That sounds like futility, but you have two options: work on the change or leave.

If you’re not capable of making the needed changes: you’re banging your head on a wall uselessly. Pick yourself up and go.

If things are better elsewhere; go there. If they’re not: then reality has caught up to the board.

Can’t Please Everyone
Even in just the three years I’ve poked around, it’s changed. But it’s not worth a brain cell of pity, concern, or frustration. When I took a UGSabbatical; I realize I removed just one more toxic thorn from my side.​
I come back simply to check in on a few people, but by and large, I have found the ones that I care to follow most and have other means of staying in touch. If I don’t have your contact info, I’ll reach out. But the truth is: selfishly I got what I needed when I needed it. Brotherhood.​
That was great. Until I saw it morph into something ugly. Thing is; brotherhood isn’t the site purpose or mission. That is tangential to the real purpose, and what I contributed or distracted from… that’s because I applied what *I* wanted to the board. That’s not sustainable.​

Summation
In short, what I wanted from the board I got in the form of advice and willing ears. But that’s not the purpose of the board, so it became time to pack up and check in occasionally.

Be the change you want to see, yes, but this virtual hill isn’t worthy dying on, let alone typing a eulogy for.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score

I said this all months ago , only a few listened then too. I havent given up on this place and I wont , it's done too much for me. Love you guys and the real members here not the passerbys an trolls. This place matters to me and my life which is why I originally spoke up months ago.

lifter6973

Expert Alcoholic Fraudster
Reaction score
I didn't respond initially because I wasn't sure how much I could add to that. I will say that I came to this board because it wasn't like a lot of the other boards. It didn't have a lot of the same knucklehead behavior. Unfortunately, there's been an uptick in that. People getting attacked, people calling each other out, calling each other names, just saying stupid and ignorant shit to each other. This board is becoming like all of the other boards that I left to come here.

When that happens, that sense of community that I found so attractive goes out the window.

I feel like standards have slipped.

It's not as bad yet, and I still have faith that we can pull it back from the brink.
I have faith too and I will do my part. I have learned a lesson and I will work to be better and do my best to make this board feel like a true community.

@IronSoul I didn't have much to say before because I was not around in the early days and my behavior since I came over after meso has helped to make this place unwelcoming to vets. I will continue to make this place unwelcoming to trolls and troublemakers but to the vets who were here well before me, I hope some come back and interact. Again, my apologies for my part in this.

New Threads