Intro

Reaction score
Hey people. I always feel awkward as fuck doing an intro so I never do on anything, but I suppose I am trying to be better :geek:
35 y/o male been into fitness since about halfway through my enlistment in the Navy (12 years ago). Had an injury slow me down a lot (chronic ACL tear in 2012 that graduated to a full separation in 2020), but I never really tried to get huge or anything. Just wanted to look alright when I took my shirt off. I have always done pretty well at meeting my goals with weight, but I never really defined them well. What I mean by that is I would say to myself "I want to get some muscle mass", work out, and then just try to eat as much as I could. Didn't have a real diet planned just tried to throw everything I could at my stomach, not pay much attention to macros beyond making sure to try to eat more protein and drink some protein shakes. When I would have some crap going on in life and it started to look like I wasn't fitting in my clothes anymore (Getting fat) I would just make sure I was at a caloric deficit and its the only time I really counted calories. I lost 20 pounds in less than 3 months having Popeyes chicken almost every day with intermittent fasting and watching my cals. No real diet plan, just did the numbers and knew what would achieve the result. Never worked out while trying to lose weight.
Now things are different. I don't have a goal of "I want to gain this much weight", but I have a really well planned diet (Which I already started). I am really looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish before the end of the year. I am currently an old ass full time student and graduate in December, so I am trying to be the best version of me ever when I finish.
(insert transition statement) I have done 4 cycles before. Never had bloodwork done for my test levels, never dieted to make sure I was hitting my full potential, never had a great plan for PCT, but I was lucky enough to never really have any problems that I know of other than some lethargy and some depression(Maybe wasn't related). First cycle I did was a prohormone cycle. I was on deployment and didn't even know what the fuck I was taking, a friend of mine said you should take this, gave it to me, gave me liver and cycle support supps, and post cycle supps. I started deployment at 135 lbs 5' 10" ended at 173. To this day I wonder what the hell that was I took, but I definitely attribute those gains to the massive calories and lifting 6 days a week minimum more than anything. I am sure the prohormones helped, but I don't think they were really necessary. Second cycle was a few years later, 8 weeks of test e. Gained like 0 weight (Diet problems), but pretty good strength gains. 3rd was test e and superdrol which was 20 lbs in 8 weeks (Did the test e for 12) and 4th was just test e for 8 weeks (no gains in weight, very little strength . Definitely wasn't eating enough or working out enough, just wanted to use what I had left of the test).
I will be doing a cycle soon (90% sure its going to be another test e and superdrol cycle), but finally with proper planning. My whole life for the next 6 months is school (Which I do online in the same room as all my workout equipment), fitness, nutrition, and just trying to be ready to beast life more than ever. Seriously have no friends since I moved to this area, haven't been cruising tinder (tinder activities took a lot of my time and money during my last 2 cycles), and don't plan on doing much else until I graduate.
I plan on sharing a lot of what I am doing on here. I will post my diet/weight gains, if people are interested I will post my bloodwork (Will at least do bloodwork before and after), don't see much point in posting my workouts but I will make mention of any significant gains in lifts. I am still in the planning phase, but am excited to start! I know there is a wealth of knowledge on here and I plan on taking advantage of it, but hope I can contribute as well.

Reaction score
Yes. BeastyB in the mf'ing house. Ha.

So 5'10" what is your current weight?

Considering you've had a couple cycles where you didn't add any mass, you might want to post your training. It may be diet, but it might also be what you are doing. Especially if you're working out at home instead of the gym.

Welcome to the UGBB. I hope you stick around for a while.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground sir, and thank you for your service. 🇺🇸

Reaction score

Considering you've had a couple cycles where you didn't add any mass, you might want to post your training. It may be diet, but it might also be what you are doing. Especially if you're working out at home instead of the gym.

I will go ahead and post some training, but I am sure it was my at least my diet. I knew I wasn't eating enough those times. When I am chasing ass I make bad dietary decisions. Currently I am 172. I am estimating I will be around 180 when I start my cycle, but I am still figuring things out.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground.

Stick around and soak up some knowledge.

I have zero experience with prohormones. To gain 38 pounds over the course of a deployment (idk how long that is) seems pretty good.

172 pounds at 5'10" sounds pretty gaunt to me. Duct tape the fork to your fist.

And again, welcome.

Stickler

Elite
Reaction score

Welcome to the UG and great job on the intro. Sometimes we have to write shit down to get honest with ourselves. It sounds like you have a decent idea what you already did wrong and now your planning, planning, and planning! Smart move my friend.

Some people come on here and say some random shit that doesn't allow for any guidance whatsoever, but you did well. It sounds like you're on the right track and you're in the right place to get further educated and guidance if you want it.

The fact that 3BG didn't rip you a new asshole already has you in the plus category. Means, you did SOMETHING right, lol.

Look forward to hearing of your progress and good luck on your planned goals.

Reaction score
Welcome to the UG and great job on the intro. Sometimes we have to write shit down to get honest with ourselves. It sounds like you have a decent idea what you already did wrong and now your planning, planning, and planning! Smart move my friend.

Some people come on here and say some random shit that doesn't allow for any guidance whatsoever, but you did well. It sounds like you're on the right track and you're in the right place to get further educated and guidance if you want it.

The fact that 3BG didn't rip you a new asshole already has you in the plus category. Means, you did SOMETHING right, lol.

Pfft... I'm nice to everyone until they start shit. I give everyone A chance. The OP took the time to write a decent intro.

Reaction score

I have been lurking long enough to truly appreciate his welcome LOL
and thank you

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground.

Stick around and soak up some knowledge.

I have zero experience with prohormones. To gain 38 pounds over the course of a deployment (idk how long that is) seems pretty good.

172 pounds at 5'10" sounds pretty gaunt to me. Duct tape the fork to your fist.

And again, welcome.
I am going to roll back this lie here. I am a 162 lb stick person who needs a lot of work, but by the time I start my cycle I imagine I will be 175-180. Don't know exactly why I bull shitted, just didn't want to admit the extent of my smallness, but I want to lay it all out there. When I joined the Navy I weighed under 120lbs and was probably one of the few people who gained weight in boot camp (Left boot camp around 140, lost a little weight after and then gained a lot on that deployment). My deployment was 6 months long. I have never had a problem putting on weight when I ate a lot and trained hard. Just started working out again after a long break to focus on school and honestly gained around 10 lbs since. Here is a pic of my current skinny self.

Attachments

• 162lbme.jpg
    162lbme.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 4

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I am going to roll back this lie here. I am a 162 lb stick person who needs a lot of work, but by the time I start my cycle I imagine I will be 175-180. Don't know exactly why I bull shitted, just didn't want to admit the extent of my smallness, but I want to lay it all out there. When I joined the Navy I weighed under 120lbs and was probably one of the few people who gained weight in boot camp (Left boot camp around 140, lost a little weight after and then gained a lot on that deployment). My deployment was 6 months long. I have never had a problem putting on weight when I ate a lot and trained hard. Just started working out again after a long break to focus on school and honestly gained around 10 lbs since. Here is a pic of my current skinny self.
You look like I did a bunch of years ago!!! Are we brothers 🤔20220615_031112.jpg

New Threads