Journal Time!

Reaction score
Per recommendations, it’s time to put pen to paper and start a log.

6’0 M
14.4% bf per machine

Goals: Get to 12% bf. Fix nutrition. Possibly tweak gym routine. I plan to do a test and deca cycle. Might change that plan. I’m definitely going to do test plus something for a bulking cycle. Feel free to roast that idea all you want but I’m doing it once I get bf low enough. 100% open to advise on everything else and ideas on dosages.

High volume philosophy. Nutrition is currently very low fat, high protein medium carbs and extremely low calorie. Always had an extremely slow metabolism, but I’ve been informed that that’s bs so time to fix it.

Didn’t try to change anything crazy today, just did my normal routine to start.

Nutrition:
1 Oikos yogurt, 10g bcaa
2 4oz swai fish
Chicken quesadilla with fat free cheese, low carb tortilla
Quest protein bar
Chicken breast sandwich, 5g bcaa
W/O 5g bcaa
Oikos Yogurt
Same chicken quesadilla

175 protein
102 Carbs
15 Fat
1,250 calories so far plus diet condiments
Might have some ff cottage cheese before bed

W/O
Had some making up to do and sprained my foot playing softball…. Couldn’t do squats or go heavy too heavy on my feet
Did mostly reverse pyramids today, warmed up, went heavy first on most lifts then focused on pump

Cable crunches 4x20

Legs
Light Leg press 4x12-18
Quad ext 4x12-30
Dumbell RDLs 4x8-15
Hypertensions 4-x8-12
Hammy curls 4x12-25
Squeeze chick machine 3x25
Spread chick machine 3x25
Standing calf raises, super light 4x30

Shoulders
Military press 4x 6-10
Lateral raises 4x12-15
Cable upright rows 4x12-15
Bent over raises 4x15-20
Dumbell cheat shrugs 4x15-25

Again, didn’t change anything crazy in my routine today but plan to slowly change moving forward. It was a lot on low calorie so I did less sets on shoulders but was still able to go high intensity the whole W/O. Pic from yesterday, no pump

Attachments

• 5178C99B-5976-4CFE-9C88-213FAC6A6022.jpeg
    5178C99B-5976-4CFE-9C88-213FAC6A6022.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 19
  • DD11360B-7F53-4B01-B743-9768EF18A719.jpeg
    DD11360B-7F53-4B01-B743-9768EF18A719.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 19
Reaction score
u sure ur not 5'10"ish?
good build
i definitely wouldnt call that high protein though
5’11 3/4th to be exact. I have very wide hip bones. Not high protein on maintenance or a bulk. But relative to the number of calories, 55% was from protein. If I was bulking I would close to double that. I usually aim for more.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oof, where to start...

Did you just forget to mention the fruits and vegetables?

Reaction score
Oof, where to start...

Did you just forget to mention the fruits and vegetables?
Very much hate vegetables, passionately. Oatmeal, yams and sweet potatoes will also never enter my diet, idgaf how good they are for you.

Plus, Ronnie never ate em!!

Nah but I do take multivitamins twice throughout the day because of this. I’m aware that’s not a good consolation. Meats have a decent concentration of vitamins and minerals as well.

I love fruit and usually get an apple or strawberries in. Just didn’t get around to it today and try to go easy on fruits while cutting. Only around my W/O.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Not high protein on maintenance or a bulk. But relative to the number of calories, 55% was from protein. If I was bulking I would close to double that. I usually aim for more.
You have this backwards. You need more protein during a deficit, as your body will break down muscle tissue to get the aminos it needs for various processes.

Don't be scared of protein, except for extremely rare cases, it will not end up as bodyfat. There are many studies showing this.

So go ahead, eat some FF Cottage Cheese before bed. That's a staple in my diet.

Reaction score
You have this backwards. You need more protein during a deficit, as your body will break down muscle tissue to get the aminos it needs for various processes.

Don't be scared of protein, except for extremely rare cases, it will not end up as bodyfat. There are many studies showing this.

So go ahead, eat some FF Cottage Cheese before bed. That's a staple in my diet.
Yupp, I went ahead and had a cup and a half of FF cottage cheese before bed.🫡

Puts me at
211 P
120 C
15 F
1,460 calories yesterday

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
I’m definitely going to do test plus something for a bulking cycle. Feel free to roast that idea all you want but I’m doing it once I get bf low enough. 100% open to advise on everything else and ideas on dosages.
Beware of getting into the “I’m doing it no matter what anyone says” mentality.

Reason takes a back seat when you start ignoring input because you’ve already convinced yourself. You can’t ever learn anything when you begin with the conclusion.

Last edited:

1bigun11

Elite
Reaction score
This is completely counterintuitive, and I do not expect you to do it, or understand it. But you will get better results if you do half as many exercises and eat twice the amount of food.

You will gain more by doing that than you will on a steroid cycle. Not bullshitting you man.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
This is completely counterintuitive, and I do not expect you to do it, or understand it. But you will get better results if you do half as many exercises and eat twice the amount of food.

You will gain more by doing that than you will on a steroid cycle. Not bullshitting you man.
1663162569828.jpeg

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

100% agree!!!!!!

And it makes absolutely perfect sense. More materials and fuel from the food to aid the building of new muscle tissue, and higher intensity of effort can be put into the exercise, because you're doing too much junk volume, thus making it more effective.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
100% agree!!!!!!

And it makes absolutely perfect sense. More materials and fuel from the food to aid the building of new muscle tissue, and higher intensity of effort can be put into the exercise, because you're doing too much junk volume, thus making it more effective.
To add to this, doing more exercises while eating less food is actually counterproductive because you’re increasing your energy expenditure which is, obviously, the opposite of what you want with a bulk.

Picking a couple exercises, hitting them until you want to die, eating lots of food and getting proper rest without AAS will be more effective than running a cycle, not eating enough and doing junk volume every single time.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
No need to be so aggressive brother
It was really for my own benefit bro. I don't want to watch these guys eviscerate another person about junk volume and that pumps have nothing to do with growth.

Trust me, I am the mellow one in this crowd.

But, hey homie, do you.

Welcome to the Underground. We all love the exercise that is your namesake. Great for growth.

K

Kickback

It was really for my own benefit bro. I don't want to watch these guys eviscerate another person about junk volume and that pumps have nothing to do with growth.

Trust me, I am the mellow one in this crowd.

But, hey homie, do you.

Welcome to the Underground. We all love the exercise that is your namesake. Great for growth.
I don’t believe in junk volume.
Im a bodybuilder not a powerlifter.
I really think the guy should do more volume 20-30 sets per bodypart focusing on pump and squeeze and training what ever isn’t sore that day.
More volume equals more muscle damage equals more growth.
I love the kick back have you seen the emg studies

New Threads