Lets discuss Protein

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That sounds great, why do u only offer me a grilled cheese sandwich when I stop bi?

I coat them in a cajun spice rub, sizzle them up in a cast iron pan with a little EVOO.

When I'm looking for some comfort food, I'll grab a halfway decent looking mac&cheese, and mix some cubed short rib in with it, including the drained fat. :32 (16):

Rgiles227

Reaction score
I coat them in a cajun spice rub, sizzle them up in a cast iron pan with a little EVOO.

When I'm looking for some comfort food, I'll grab a halfway decent looking mac&cheese, and mix some cubed short rib in with it, including the drained fat. :32 (16):

I always thought beef short ribs needed to be slow cooked for tenderness. I’ll have to try that. Thanks

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I always thought beef short ribs needed to be slow cooked for tenderness. I’ll have to try that. Thanks

I also found that for juicy burgers, I cut the short rib into dice sized pieces, put them in the freezer until they just start to stiffen up, then grind them up in a Ninja.

You can even cook them to well done, and juice is still dripping out of them. It's what I do since the kids are little pain in the asses that won't eat burgers if they're pink inside.

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
How much stick am I gonna get for mentioning cottage cheese and curd?..:32 (20):
Great way to add protein for breakfast or snack, imo...
Polish version has a little single cream in it too, tastes amazeballs.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
tenor.gif

How much stick am I gonna get for mentioning cottage cheese and curd?..:32 (20):

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Chicken, eggs!
When eating red meat,
Usually bison and venison! I have bought London Broils when on sale & grind my own ground super lean beef!!

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Steak, lean ground beef, turkey, chicken. My go tos

Rgiles227

Reaction score

I love me some cottage cheese! With a little salt and pepper or throw some fruit in it, good stuff

Rgiles227

Reaction score
Eggs, chicken in instant pot, whey, Greek yogurt. Cottage cheese, turkey sausage, turkey bacon. ground venison, Steak. . I buy a lot of the Pure Protein bars cuz they are cheap and easy.

I rarely buy ground beef cuz I always got a freezer full of venison.

Rgiles227

Reaction score
I also found that for juicy burgers, I cut the short rib into dice sized pieces, put them in the freezer until they just start to stiffen up, then grind them up in a Ninja.

You can even cook them to well done, and juice is still dripping out of them. It's what I do since the kids are little pain in the asses that won't eat burgers if they're pink inside.

That sounds delicious. I’ll be getting me some short ribs this week

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
chicken, chilli (meat and beans), cottage cheese, yogurt, string cheese, eggs (gets old tho), protein powder mix of casein and isolate whey, burgers, ribs, pb & honey samiches, turkey samiches with swiss, etc etc

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
You should try blending cottage cheese with peanut butter and chocolate protein powder.

Its like chocolate peanut butter cheesecake pudding.

that sounds pretty dang good.

Rgiles227

Reaction score
You should try blending cottage cheese with peanut butter and chocolate protein powder.

Its like chocolate peanut butter cheesecake pudding.

I wouldn’t have thought of that in a million years. I can’t wait to try it now

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Oh I know the fat content with Prime Rib is higher, but there is a reason a pound of Prime rib is 12 times more than the cost of ground beef.....
. With the covid supply lines a lot of farmers are selling prime cuts locally. At a small town grocery store I got t-bone steak for the price of ground beef.

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t have thought of that in a million years. I can’t wait to try it now

Can also add cottage cheese(grind with a wooden spoon) to protein cheesecake, adds better texture and makes the protein powder taste better imo(otherwise i find i can taste the sweetener a bit too much once its baked)

New Threads