Progesterone or Cypionate for trt

Reaction score
I'm on 200mg of cypionate a week for trt that I get from the VA. They will not give me an AI, so I take 1mg of Anastrazole 24 hrs after my shot that i get on my own. I take 100mgs twice a week. Am I dosing my AI correctly? My big question is, is Progesterone better to take than cypionate? What's the difference? Does progesterone have advantages over cypionate?

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
I'm on 200mg of cypionate a week for trt that I get from the VA. They will not give me an AI, so I take 1mg of Anastrazole 24 hrs after my shot that i get on my own. I take 100mgs twice a week. Am I dosing my AI correctly? My big question is, is Progesterone better to take than cypionate? What's the difference? Does progesterone have advantages over cypionate?
1662134236818.gif

Reaction score
You're a veteran, so I will refrain from being snarky. Progesterone is a hormone involved in menstrual cycles, it is not the same as testosterone, regardless of ester. Do not take progesterone.

I do not understand your question. Are you asking about a different ester for testosterone? Propionate maybe?

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna assume that you've somehow mistaken 'progesterone' for 'enanthate'

In which case, they are almost identical from a practical perspective.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
You're a veteran, so I will refrain from being snarky. Progesterone is a hormone involved in menstrual cycles, it is not the same as testosterone, regardless of ester. Do not take progesterone.

I do not understand your question. Are you asking about a different ester for testosterone? Propionate maybe?
You’re way nicer than me.

Reaction score
I was at the VA getting blood drawn, and the guy drawing my blood said he was on progesterone 3 times a week. I think he may have meant propionate, but when I asked him if he meant propionate he said no. That's what confused me

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
I was at the VA getting blood drawn, and the guy drawing my blood said he was on progesterone 3 times a week. I think he may have meant propionate, but when I asked him if he meant propionate he said no. That's what confused me
If he’s taking progesterone he’s in for some pretty nasty side effects (ED, excessive estrogen production, prostate enlargement etc.)

Edit: progesterone does have an effect on testosterone production, and it CAN fall into levels that would be considered low for males, but from what I gather that’s exceedingly rare. @GreenAmine could probably explain it way better.

Reaction score
I'm taking 100 mgs of cypionate twice a week. I take 1mg of anastrazole 24hrs after each shot. Am I doing this correctly, or should I take the anastrazole more often?

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score

Progesterone is what they use to chemically castrate pedos, muh dude. You don't want that.

Reaction score
I'm taking 100 mgs of cypionate twice a week. I take 1mg of anastrazole 24hrs after each shot. Am I doing this correctly, or should I take the anastrazole more often?

What’s your e2 level on the bloodwork? Post it up.

If you need an AI at all, then you should split the anastrazole into half. And then split each half into half. Take a quarter tab twice a week. See what that does to your bloodwork.

Butch_C

Pony Boy
Reaction score
Are you extremely heavy? Overweight? Most lean people do not need an AI at that dose. We all do aromatize differently though. You would need to get blood work while off the AI to know for sure if you even need it.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
What do you think the first letter in TRT stands for?

Hint... It's not Progesterone

Reaction score
If he’s taking progesterone he’s in for some pretty nasty side effects (ED, excessive estrogen production, prostate enlargement etc.)

Edit: progesterone does have an effect on testosterone production, and it CAN fall into levels that would be considered low for males, but from what I gather that’s exceedingly rare. @GreenAmine could probably explain it way better.
Progesterone is used by the body to make testosterone, but when exogenous test is being used, that doesn't matter. What does matter is that exogenous test usage suppresses the HPTA, which means that important hormones that would be made by a non-suppressed HPTA are not being made.

This is why pregnenolone, DHEA, and HCG are sometimes used along with TRT. Pregnenolone is made from cholesterol, and is then used to make a multitude of other important hormones (including test and progesterone) that are neuroprotective and cardioprotective. Pregnenolone administration is essentially giving the body what it needs to produce these hormones, since the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone is not happening when the HPTA is suppressed.

@BlueDog10 Your buddy probably meant that he was taking pregnenolone.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Progesterone is used by the body to make testosterone, but when exogenous test is being used, that doesn't matter. What does matter is that exogenous test usage suppresses the HPTA, which means that important hormones that would be made by a non-suppressed HPTA are not being made.

This is why pregnenolone, DHEA, and HCG are sometimes used along with TRT. Pregnenolone is made from cholesterol, and is then used to make a multitude of other important hormones (including test and progesterone) that are neuroprotective and cardioprotective. Pregnenolone administration is essentially giving the body what it needs to produce these hormones, since the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone is not happening when the HPTA is suppressed.

@BlueDog10 Your buddy probably meant that he was taking pregnenolone.
I knew the part about HPTA suppression. The rest, not so much ;)

New Threads