The log of a retarded social reject.

Reaction score
.3 would be around 40g of fat.
Yeah I went over and did it in the first half of the day too. Now that I've gotten a better idea what the ratio of macros is for the foods I commonly consume I'll be able to do better. And again, I completely forgot about your tip to consume fats late in the day. Tomorrow I'll do better in regards to both total fat consumed and time of consumption. Like I said this is my first time ever tracking macros or weighing food lol. Mistakes will be made. Thank you for your wisdom here.

Reaction score
I'd stop relying on that stuff.

Learn to eat as much self-prepared food as possible before resorting to mass gainer. There's no need to be slamming 9g of mostly saturated fat in a shake.
Understood, I'll pick up something to replace them this evening. Thank you.

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I initially was going to do frequent updates, either daily or nearly daily, but decided against it. I've also decided that I still want to enjoy life a little, and am not going to pursue the most optimal diet model possible. I know I'm sacrificing potential gains, but my goal never has been to reach an elite physique. It's a trade off I'm willing to make. All that said, I have been going to the gym daily and am still keeping my macros in decent shape. I have made what I consider to be great progress since my last post.

Weight: Averaging ~152.5lbs with highs around ~157lb and lows around ~147lbs. Big improvement from where I was just a few short weeks ago.

Confidence/Social Skills: Way better. I started tanning which in conjuction with the extra lbs of muscle I've added on make me look like a way, way better version of me. I went out yesterday evening dressed well with a pump still on from and gym and caught no less than 3 women checking me out. I've made small talk with retail employees and have noticed that women are actually interested in talking to me now. I get asked questions and the conversation flows rather than me trying to force it out of them. I carried on a natural, great conversation with a Petco employee for like 20 minutes the other day. I asked her out but she had a BF, but I could tell she genuinely would have gone if not for the BF and she was obviously flattered to be asked. During one of my trips to the tanning bed the girl working was visibly nervous explaining how the bed works to me. I got a pizza delivered (I'll eat what I want fuck u) and answered the door shirtless, and Pizza Bro complemented my physique which absolutely made my fucking week. Tipped that guy well, haven't gotten an IRL complement on anything for years. I've gotten on good terms with most of the employees at the new gym and none of them think I'm a retard anymore. Truly I'm doing better mentally, emotionally, and socially than I have in a long time. Those few lbs I've added have made a massive difference, especially given I'm only 5'7". I can only imagine how much better things will be with even more gains.

Despite me kinda ghosting y'all and ultimately not following a lot of the diet advice you gave, I am grateful still for the encouragement and advice that was provided when I first arrived. I'll continue to give weight and progress updates. I plan to post another pic when I'm averaging ~155lb+.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
Thanks man! Really appreciate you.
No problem, man! Keep us up to date with your progress. I would run this as is. If you feel you need more arm work you can add curls on your bench days but I'd hold until you get through the whole thing a few times. I know you were talking about daily training. If you push these amraps you won't feel the need.

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
Damn Departure, my bad man. I forgot I was already following this log and I told you to start one in your other thread. I’ve had a lot going on and haven’t been as active in the logs as I usually am. Good to see you being serious and taking in the advice. I’ll be following along more closely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I initially was going to do frequent updates, either daily or nearly daily, but decided against it. I've also decided that I still want to enjoy life a little, and am not going to pursue the most optimal diet model possible. I know I'm sacrificing potential gains, but my goal never has been to reach an elite physique. It's a trade off I'm willing to make. All that said, I have been going to the gym daily and am still keeping my macros in decent shape. I have made what I consider to be great progress since my last post.

Weight: Averaging ~152.5lbs with highs around ~157lb and lows around ~147lbs. Big improvement from where I was just a few short weeks ago.

Confidence/Social Skills: Way better. I started tanning which in conjuction with the extra lbs of muscle I've added on make me look like a way, way better version of me. I went out yesterday evening dressed well with a pump still on from and gym and caught no less than 3 women checking me out. I've made small talk with retail employees and have noticed that women are actually interested in talking to me now. I get asked questions and the conversation flows rather than me trying to force it out of them. I carried on a natural, great conversation with a Petco employee for like 20 minutes the other day. I asked her out but she had a BF, but I could tell she genuinely would have gone if not for the BF and she was obviously flattered to be asked. During one of my trips to the tanning bed the girl working was visibly nervous explaining how the bed works to me. I got a pizza delivered (I'll eat what I want fuck u) and answered the door shirtless, and Pizza Bro complemented my physique which absolutely made my fucking week. Tipped that guy well, haven't gotten an IRL complement on anything for years. I've gotten on good terms with most of the employees at the new gym and none of them think I'm a retard anymore. Truly I'm doing better mentally, emotionally, and socially than I have in a long time. Those few lbs I've added have made a massive difference, especially given I'm only 5'7". I can only imagine how much better things will be with even more gains.

Despite me kinda ghosting y'all and ultimately not following a lot of the diet advice you gave, I am grateful still for the encouragement and advice that was provided when I first arrived. I'll continue to give weight and progress updates. I plan to post another pic when I'm averaging ~155lb+.
You grow when you are resting. If you're lifting 7 days a week then one of two things will happen..

1. You won't grow much because you aren't letting your body to properly rest and repair itself.

2. You won't grow much because if you can lift 7 days a week then chances are you are not lifting with enough intensity or effort to stimulate growth.

Based on what you said regarding your physique goal, then I think it's fine to eat poor choices now and again, but not for every meal... and you should still be prepping most meals at home. However, if you do this then you must still track calories, and you must still prioritize protein intake.

If you don't get enough protein, then muscle protein synthesis will take a big hit. And if you don't track calories, and choose to eat dirty because you want to "enjoy life", then there's a good chance you'll put on more fat than anything else.

Regarding your weight... don't use it as a measure of success. Instead use it as a metric you track to determine a directional trend for your weight; matter of fact, if you do this I advise you use a 7 day rolling average to measure the trend... as opposed to the actual weight you see on the scale daily. Gaining too much too fast, and its probably water or fat.

1. Use the scale to calculate a 7 day rolling average to track the trend of which direction your weight is going, and by how much.

2. Use the mirror or better yet take pictures weekly, using the same poses and in the same room with the same lighting, as a way to guage or measure whether you are making progress torwards your physique goals. This paints a much better picture than just numbers on a scale by itself.

New Threads