TRT 200mgs per week.

Reaction score
Im 50 years old in August, finally got put on TRT last month. My labs before TRT showed me in the low 300's. Too high for Insurance help and too low to continue to deal with the sides. I reached out to a clinic in Florida and the process was so smooth. I wanted to see if there were any other Anabolics I could add to help me get back to my former glory. I used to cycle test, tren and dbol and LOVED it. Am I too okd for dbol and tren? No BP issues, no cholesterol issues...Im up to date on all things medical...recent Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. All good health wise. Any suggestions? I go to the gym 3-5 days per week.

Reaction score
Also, they prescribed me Test C at 200mgs once per week with mew labs at 60 days. If I remember correctly C is a little shorter life in the body than E. Should I maybe split the dose thru the week?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Your testosterone was at 300. You don't need anything more than TRT to bring you back to your former glory.

Lots of people join with the same story as you... Just started TRT and looking for more drugs because it's "more better"... our answer is always the same... just stick to TRT. Do it for at least a year and then re-evaluate at that time.

If you weren't able to make gains on TRT, then the problem isn't drugs... it will be with either your diet or training.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Also, they prescribed me Test C at 200mgs once per week with mew labs at 60 days. If I remember correctly C is a little shorter life in the body than E. Should I maybe split the dose thru the week?
Both cypionate and enanthate have similar enough half lifes, and the injection frequency you use would be the same for either one.

Some people take TRT once a week, and others split their dosage. It all depends on which injection frequency they feel better on, as well as if they have big estrogen spikes or not.

Reaction score
Your testosterone was at 300. You don't need anything more than TRT to bring you back to your former glory.

Lots of people join with the same story as you... Just started TRT and looking for more drugs because it's "more better"... our answer is always the same... just stick to TRT. Do it for at least a year and then re-evaluate at that time.

If you weren't able to make gains on TRT, then the problem isn't drugs... it will be with either your diet or training.
While i agree with this advice, it would make sense for someone that is new to anabolics. Im pretty sure that 200 mg of test per week is going to get me back to normal, I havent made gains on normal test levels since I was in my twenties. Im not sure if I explained my situation but I did heavy cycles and lifted heavy for 10 years....hence why I needed TRT. I had been out of the gym for the last 3 years and Ive been back for the last 6 months or so with no supplements. I did 1 gram per week test cycles mixed with 75mg EOD injects of Tren A back in the day and I felt good and was strong. Age is catching up with me and I was looking to supplement my TRT with other anabolics at smaller doses. I was just looking for advice from other in my situation and age, and not looking to get to crazy. If no one does this here, maybe im in the wrong place, wrong forum or something. If this is a Natural Bodybuilding site, I apologize. Lol. I agree hard work and diet make a huge difference but once youve already been on heavy cycles, 200mg per
week just isnt the same.

Reaction score
You should make incredible gains with muscle memory just from starting back with decent testosterone levels.

I'd stay on just trt for a while and enjoy gains until you plateau before adding in anything else.

Why waist a bunch of money on gear while you're getting the easiest gains of your life?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
While i agree with this advice, it would make sense for someone that is new to anabolics. Im pretty sure that 200 mg of test per week is going to get me back to normal, I havent made gains on normal test levels since I was in my twenties. Im not sure if I explained my situation but I did heavy cycles and lifted heavy for 10 years....hence why I needed TRT. I had been out of the gym for the last 3 years and Ive been back for the last 6 months or so with no supplements. I did 1 gram per week test cycles mixed with 75mg EOD injects of Tren A back in the day and I felt good and was strong. Age is catching up with me and I was looking to supplement my TRT with other anabolics at smaller doses. I was just looking for advice from other in my situation and age, and not looking to get to crazy. If no one does this here, maybe im in the wrong place, wrong forum or something. If this is a Natural Bodybuilding site, I apologize. Lol. I agree hard work and diet make a huge difference but once youve already been on heavy cycles, 200mg per
week just isnt the same.
Your background or previous experience doesn't matter.. you had a testosterone level of 300 and have now fixed that with TRT.

Your body doesn't down regulate androgen receptors, anabolics actually upregulates them. So this notion of needing to do more because you previously ran heavy cycles is nonsense. Maybe this is not what you meant, but it's how your post reads

You don't need more drugs. My advice remains the same. 🤷‍♂️

GSgator

Reaction score
Muscle memory is a beautiful thing only if there was joint memory. Good luck I’m sure being 6 months in you are probably back into the routine give that HRT another 6 months and I’m sure you will be pretty satisfied.

Reaction score
you got advice. wasn't what you want to hear.

I hereby give you permission to do whatever you were going to do anyway.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Typically men at you're age are scaling back away from full blown cycles.

Stick with your prescribed dose for a year or so, I think you'll be shocked at the difference it makes

Reaction score
Mid 40’s, TRT dose w/low Deca most of the year. A few mini-cycles for up-to 8 weeks where I increase up to 500/300. I have no interest in adding anything else. And honestly I could drop the mini cycles and be ok with my physique and ability to recover.

Train, eat right, rest/recover.

Right now I lift 4-6x a week, ride the bike about 50+mpw and I run long on Sundays 10+ miles.

That said, let’s see a picture from your glory days.

Reaction score
which is it?
Ive been back to the gym for the past 6 months...mainly cardio, treadmill, bike etc....used mostly circuit training equipment. Everything felt super heavy, workout felt horrible and this drove me to get my lab work completed. Ive been lifting now for the past month, back to using free weights and that is what I considered "lifting". I apologize for the confusion.
TRT is very new to me, and it sounds like its very similar to a very first cycle in a way...From what you guys are telling me. I never even thought about it from that perspective. I definitely apologize if I came off as arrogant or rude, I was ignorant about how TRT works once youve been off cycle for so long. It makes sense. I appreciate the advice and I will make the best of this until I plateau and go from there! Ill dig up a few pics shortly.
Thanks again for the info.

Reaction score
This pic was about 8 years ago give or take. I didn't get regular pics of myself. Ive always been a very hard gainer and always an endomorph. Im 5'6" and i weighed around 205 in that pic

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
This pic was about 8 years ago give or take. I didn't get regular pics of myself. Ive always been a very hard gainer and always an endomorph. Im 5'6" and i weighed around 205 in that pic
We don't care what you looked like 8 years ago. We care about what you look like now.

This isn't tinder where you can cat fish us with some old ass picture that doesn't even look like you anymore. 🤣🤣🤣

Reaction score
We don't care what you looked like 8 years ago. We care about what you look like now.

This isn't tinder where you can cat fish us with some old ass picture that doesn't even look like you anymore. 🤣🤣🤣
To be fair, I did ask for a picture of his glory days. He mentioned experience with test, tren and dbol. I wanted to see what was achieved.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
To be fair, I did ask for a picture of his glory days. He mentioned experience with test, tren and dbol. I wanted to see what was achieved.
Ah, I must have missed that. I had only seen the request @eazy made for a picture.

Oops 😅

Reaction score
What are your current stats? And because I confused @Send0 how about a recent pic. Hah.

You should be able to make great progress thru TRT, solid diet, training and rest. I doubt you need the other shit now, if ever.

New Threads