why are we stronger on some days??

Reaction score
You always arre doing better then the guy doing nothing :)[/QUOTE]

This!!!!!!

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
deloading is a must IMO. your body gets beat the hell down after training hard for long periods of time. thats why PL's usually won't do much of anything the week leading up to a meet.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Time of day, rest, food and mental state all play the part. Also, do a few sets of just the bar to warm up instead of twenty reps of 135. And like previously said, strength, looks..what's your goal. I followed the 5/3/1 program for about five months and the strength increase was awesome. But do you want to push you body that hard and possibly increase the cause of injury?
the goal is big as a house ,strong as a ox, but i here what you are saying, i have been thinking about my goal of 405, some bad ass's on here have mentioned they have gotten hurt pressing that heavy, it makes a old man think, 1 bad movement and i am out for a year, but then again i have allways pushed heavy, really not sure how else to do it. and pride is a motherfucker. seems like the more i learn the less i know.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, so many variables in this game. I agree with the masses though, a week break or a deload week has always been a part of my experience. And your mind, a powerful tool that it is, will make or break you when you go to hit the weights in respect to strength. I leave the work problems, the other stressors at the door and focus on what I need to get done at the gym. I am not there to go through the motion like 90% of the zombies at the gym.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This happened to me last summer. I went in on a Fri and could barely pull 315 (I pull close to 500). I had been taxing the hell out of my CNS. Took about 10 days off of heavy lifting, did some light reps just to keep the joints greased. Came back a champ after the break.

Times Roman

Reaction score
i eat plenty, get plenty of rest, nice high test, work out regular, bla, bla ,bla, why can i lift good and heavy on some days on other day's i get crushed, wtf?? i don't understand shouldn't makings progress be a steady climb up the hill??

google biorhythem

sounds kinda hippy -ish, but there is some truth tto it

.....According to believers in biorhythms, a person's life is influenced by rhythmic biological cycles that affect one's ability in various domains, such as mental, physical and emotional activity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biorhythm