Cycle with Creatine

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I was never big on taking creatine; figured I got enough in my diet. I'm going to give it a try for my next cycle and see how it goes. Figure on 5 grams in my 25 grams of protein drink before my workout.

Since I'm not going batshit crazy on my cycle dose and compounds, I'd like to get some size out of this cycle. I'm planning on not cutting so hard for the final product; leaning more to mass but still somewhat cut.

Anyone have any luck with this?

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I was never big on taking creatine; figured I got enough in my diet. I'm going to give it a try for my next cycle and see how it goes. Figure on 5 grams in my 25 grams of protein drink before my workout.

Since I'm not going batshit crazy on my cycle dose and compounds, I'd like to get some size out of this cycle. I'm planning on not cutting so hard for the final product; leaning more to mass but still somewhat cut.

I tried it years ago when I was still playing football and lifting for that ,, I didnt like the layer of jelly it felt like i got under my skin , like super hydrated kind of thing. Not sure what else it really did for me other than that.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
Should be saturated in the muscle cell within a couple weeks at that dose. The increase in IM water should help you lift a bit more which is the key to growth.

Oh and don't bother taking anything other than monohydrate since it's just as effective as the more expensive versions.

Reaction score
it just adds a little layer of water weight. cool when ur a high school kid trying to fill out a t shirt but I think you're way beyond the level it'll be much use

Reaction score
It always seemed like low hanging fruit in the gainz dept to me. It helps with strength for sure. It can't hurt to add I'd say. 5mg ed is fine i think. Anymore than that is prob a waste. I don't think it matters for timing either.

Reaction score
I can't say I've ever actually noticed a difference when supplementing Creatine vs not supplementing it, but there's like 70 years of studies that support it's benefit (with no disputing studies) so I take it anyways. Seems like an easy win, but I highly doubt my Creatine intake made a huge difference overall.

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
I just hopped back on Creatine monohydrate approx 2 weeks ago. Currently on TRT 150mg a week, I think it has helped push a few extra reps out on my final sets. And my strength is going up as well so I give it a thumbs up. 👊🏻

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Should be saturated in the muscle cell within a couple weeks at that dose. The increase in IM water should help you lift a bit more which is the key to growth.

Oh and don't bother taking anything other than monohydrate since it's just as effective as the more expensive versions.
Yeah that's what I got. Bulk Supplements was like $23 for 500g.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I can't say I've ever actually noticed a difference when supplementing Creatine vs not supplementing it, but there's like 70 years of studies that support it's benefit (with no disputing studies) so I take it anyways. Seems like an easy win, but I highly doubt my Creatine intake made a huge difference overall.
I'll take anything. I'm not a monster but I have hit my upper end. I don't put on 15 lbs of muscle like a 25 y.o. who is doing his second cycle after 5 years of lifting.

Thanks and we will see

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I started taking it again just bc when I diet, I diet fast. Im too impatient to be hungry and stay fat. Not sure if it is helping at all or not. It definitely adds immediate water weight. Otherwise Ive never felt much from it. But the science is there and its nearly free so why not?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I use it. I find I am able to grind out that last rep better when I do.

I first found out about creatine from Dan Duchaine.

Here are some of his thoughts from an interview he did once. Passages in bold from published version.

GURU: I read the published research on using creatine monohydrate and followed the recommendations of 20 grams over 5 days and then a maintenance dosage of 6 grams a day. I felt pretty good after the first five days, but after a week of using six grams a day, my strength and size gains diminished. What am I doing wrong? A: You're probably not using enough creatine after the first five days. Try doubling the dosage to 12 grams a day. And if that doesn't work, raise the daily dosage to 20 grams. As much as it seems logical to follow the recommendations from published research, many of the human research subjects may not have the same high-activity levels (or body weights) as bodybuilders. In the case of creatine, the six-grams-a-day maintenance dosage was determined through muscle biopsies. Anecdotal evidence from bodybuilders shows that six grams a day isn't enough to sustain initial size and strength gains. It might be that bodybuilders need more creatine for exercise, or some individuals may not be using proper amounts of high-glycemic carbs to transport the creatine with insulin.
Personally, I would have the patience to load creatine at the initial recommended 20-30 grams-a-day dosage for a week or so and would have no problem in maintaining a once-a-day 6 gram dosage. But if I had to continue using high amounts of creatine in divided daily dosages, I doubt I would be able to keep the routine up. As to following the creatine dosages suggested by research, I would always trust workout poundages and a tape measure over any of the research formulas.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Had nothing but good results with creatine in my cycles. Thinking you’ll like it as well snakey.

Reader591

Reaction score
Same here. I notice nothing when taking it. Maybe I get more thirsty. Maybe…. And I’ve even taken larger doses to see. I’ve played with that lately, say staying 15 grams per day period. Not backing off after a “loading cycle”

Maybe I notice and extra rep when heavy. Hard to tell. To be continued. Don’t know yet, just know it isn’t much for me at least whatever it does. Weight doesn’t even really seem to be effected by it.

But hey, it’s dirt cheap, and they are connecting it to other benefits other than muscle too, so why not try?

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah i always add creatine but man do i get cramps and shit my brains out… weird i know, throw in a bit of hmb and tmg… and i like it alooot

Not sure i can handle 20-30 grams per week anymore but i use to pound the shit out of it… i need to get back intoshape and adding some items

Jonjon

Reaction score
I don’t notice anything but I still take it.
In my mind when you’re on gear, creatine is like one sprinkle on a cupcake that’s loaded with sprinkles. But hey, it’s still a sprinkle, so why not

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Current studies for mental health might be more impressive than even the muscle shit (which I also never feel)

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score

Plisskin!!!!

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
i feel like keeping creatine in is maybe worth an extra rep sometimes, i never notice much water weight from it.

as many, i dont see a huge difference, if any. but its basically free and its one of the most studied suppliments in history and has been proven time and time again to be beneficial. so feel it or not, i still take it.

New Threads