Holy DHB!

Reaction score
Do you have any papers on the mechanism of aromatization? It'd be great to see comparisons with other AAS and what structural features increase/decrease affinity if there are any..
Same. Never noticed this with dhb so I’m curious

Butch_C

Pony Boy
Reaction score
I didn't notice any change in my 8 week blood work from my test/ npp cycle to the current test/ npp / dhb. I expected to see higher rbc and ast alt numbers, but they were very comparable.

Reaction score
Lol. A few pages back guys were discussing DHB “crashing” e2 because it’s a DHT. Now it shifts to DHB potentially aromatizing. This is good stuff.

Just run it and get bloodwork. Why overthink this shit so much?
Not overthinking it. I know GreenAmine is a chemist of some sort and it's rare for me nowadays to be able to bounce sometimes crazy ideas and thoughts off another who's in a similar field.

And yes, any hypothetical discussion about this is at best a mental jerk off without any data points.

Reactions: CJ

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
No dhb doesn’t aromatize. I’ve ran it solo and I was fine. I wouldn’t do it again because i could’ve ran less dhb and added test and gotten better results with less of a hit to the wallet. I’ve never had it crash my estrogen but here’s the interesting thing, if I run it at least half the dose of test like say 1000 test/500 dhb I get no symptoms of high e2. I run shit just because I want to but I always have better results with with higher or equal test to other compounds. I put very minimal thought into how I take gear, I just take what ever drugs I have and know if the dose is high enough and my training and nutrition are up to snuff then I’ll get results.

Reaction score
Similar to anadrol causing gyno from receptor binding opposed to conversion ?
As far as my research has taken me, it seems that anadrol acts like a prohormone only, with immeasurably low binding affinity to the AR. Its primary metabolite, 17α-methyl-5α-androstane-3α,17β-diol, seems to be the primary active metabolite. Anadrol also increases the production of 17-hydroxyprogesterone, which is a progestin, so is capable of inducing/exacerbating gyno. The full mechanism is unfortunately not completely understood.

Do you have any papers on the mechanism of aromatization? It'd be great to see comparisons with other AAS and what structural features increase/decrease affinity if there are any..
I can't think of any offhand, but I will look on SciFinder and get back to you. I'm traveling for work this week, so I may be delayed.

Reaction score
This is the only mechanism I can see and it's proposed by a chemist. No binding models.

Why wouldn't it be believable that the Proton on C1 gets abstracted in step 4 because c4 is already oxidized?
For DHB, the C1-C2 bond is already oxidized, so the H cannot be extracted in an elimination reaction, as this would form an allene, which has a linear geometry (i.e., cannot be part of a ring, unless in a high-energy transition state). The Glu residue that removes the H from C1 would probably not be in a close enough proximity in the binding site to access C4 for an elimination reaction.

Reaction score
For DHB, the C1-C2 bond is already oxidized, so the H cannot be extracted in an elimination reaction, as this would form an allene, which has a linear geometry (i.e., cannot be part of a ring, unless in a high-energy transition state). The Glu residue that removes the H from C1 would probably not be in a close enough proximity in the binding site to access C4 for an elimination reaction.
This is the c4 Proton abstraction I was thinking of. No geometrical constraints here.

Attachments

• 20221023_122151.jpg
    20221023_122151.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
This is the c4 Proton abstraction I was thinking of. No geometrical constraints here.
Right, but what would remove it? That's why I included this:
The Glu residue that removes the H from C1 would probably not be in a close enough proximity in the binding site to access C4 for an elimination reaction.
To be fair, I'm not very knowledgeable about the tertiary structure of the binding site, but i don't think that it's possible at C4 simply based on the fact that DHT isn't a substrate for aromatase.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Right, but what would remove it? That's why I included this:

To be fair, I'm not very knowledgeable about the tertiary structure of the binding site, but i don't think that it's possible at C4 simply based on the fact that DHT isn't a substrate for aromatase.

😞 I just take the drugs.

New Threads