How to address oral only proposals

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We get these guys from time to time that wanna run winstrol or anavar only. They think it will cut them up and all kinds of gains or what have you.

So let's consider how as a community we can best address these threads with the users best interest in mind.

Consider the ridiculous drug education you may have gotten in school. Except seeker. They didn't have drugs yet when he was a kid

Most of that education was just not truthful. Cocaine will kill you the first time you use it. Marijuana will make you criminally insane. Steroids will kill you.

It was lies and deep down we all knew it. We knew kids who smoked weed or we did ourselves. Where were the bodies? Where was the destruction from drugs?

And because of those lies we were told it turned out that programs like D.A.R.E were actually making substance abuse numbers WORSE!!!

So let's think about how as Veterans we address the young guys who want to go oral only. Be truthful. It's not gonna kill them and only in rare circumstances will it cause hypogonadism. Lets just let them know about the negative feedback loop and how biologically speaking this isn't the optimal way to make gains.

Curious though, is it possible that oral only would be a good idea to get a quick feel for how powerful this stuff is? And what better way to learn how to manage your estradiol than dbol only lol

Maybe it wouldn't actually be so bad to start off with orals?

Just thinking out loud. Please discuss

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
As one of the still newer guys who has yet to run his first cycle, ill be keeping a close eye on this. I have absolutely no intention what so ever of running an oral only cycle but im interested to hear some constructive thoughts on it.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Ill probably never run a cycle of anything but I just cannot fathom why anyone would risk their LIVER when you can make better gains in a much safer way.

It all seems very sad to me to see so many young people going this route at all. Especially because I guarantee you that most of us would laugh at their training to begin with. But people are gonna do what they want to so they might as well learn to do it right.

I just see a lot of people 20-25 who are risking their ability to have kids just for a little extra muscle. You learn there are bigger things in life

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Running dbol (or whatever oral) only will give you a feel for how dbol works. Not how test works. Dbol etc will not be the base of all future cycles.

If newbie decides to make a lifestyle out of this he will have to use test. Why not just do it from the beginning?

Ive only ran 4 cycles and each I've learned something about e2 management whilst on test. If I had run a dbol only cycle my first go I'd have less information to base my next cycles around. If I'm going to put added stress on my body I want to get maximum benefit.

So if newbie is scared of needles and just wants to try steroids ONCE, then by all means dbol only. Otherwise I just don't see any benefit.

its not dangerous, it's just stupid.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This will be a good discussion as I'm not sure an oral only cycle is necessarily "wrong" provided that blood work is done and the person is ready to bail if things go south.(which could be said for any cycle). I think the issue is more that those who come on the board to do an oral-only cycle may not have the maturity to do a cycle at all. To your point, maybe we've been addressing this from the wrong angle.

It's not their protocol we're questioning; it's their readiness.

Last edited:

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think something that bothers me is the young ones that come on and want to run orals simply because its easy.....there's nothing easy about this lifestyle choice. We take risks on every front with the things we do and to see someone wanting to be a part of things to some extent but not wanting to take the time to educate themselves or listen to reason bugs the fck out of me.

Do I really think an all oral cycle is going to be harmful in the long term? If managed correctly, not at all.

Do I consider it to be taking the easy way out and cheating themselves out of a great deal of knowledge and lasting gains? Yes I do, and couldn't really respect that choice.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
I think HW has a point. I think we need to consider WHY they are choosing orals only. My guess would be two things. One, its easier and two, they lack the knowledge needed to have this lifestyle. We cant make their choices for them but we should point out all the negatives. I know guys that have taken oral only, because of both of those reasons, and because it was easy the took the orals for 10-12 weeks. Can only imagine what they did to their liver.

POB is right, oral only wont kill them, not in the short run anyway. But, I think we as experienced users should enlighten them on how to live this lifestyle with as little risks as possible. I believe that they will thank us eventually.

I don't think we should continually beat them up but a few good thrashes and then some kind words maybe. And a little kiss from POB. :32 (17):

andy

Elite
Reaction score
if that's to replie to my topic then I'm just looking out what oral should I add to my cut cycle with my Test P. and thanks to You guys I've decided (once more) to go with var. and maybe clen.

and still interesting topic - I think it's because young guns are afraid of needles and to mess up something))) it's easy to swallow a caplet then it is to sterilize , drag oil ,inject etc.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Out of curiosity back when I was 19 I did do a 6 week dianabol only cycle. This was in 1984. I'm willing to bet that some of the other guys who've been around for a long time have as well, whether they admit it or not. What did I get? Water gain and sore titties for a month afterword. Any gains I got were gone within that month as well. Did it hurt me in the long run? No. Was it pointless? Yes.

Another thing I will point out. I hear a lot of talk about destroying your liver. Yet how many of those same guys beat that liver up on the weekends, or more, with alcohol.

Some excellent points made above. My impression of the guy asking about oral only cycles is that of immediate gratification with putting in as little work as possible. You get what you pay for.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
My biggest thing that bothers me is they seem to no absolutely nothing except the word “steroids”...they aren’t interested in how the drug works the sides half life nothing..some will show some humility and open their minds to learn while others think they have it all figured out.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I can’t speak from any personal exp with oral only or any other cycle, but I’ve been seeing the same posts from people about going oral only. It seems they are mostly younger on average.
The instant gratification and as little effort as possible seems to be a going trend with most younger people these days. Now I’m not sayin it all of them by any means.
i have watched the older guys give out great advice to these people and most times it’s brushed off because it’s not what they were wanting to hear.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know a ton of guys who ran dbol only cycles back in my football days. They’re all still alive. They also lost all their gains. Along with everyone else I know who started juicing in their early 20s and stopped lifting before they were 30.

See Paul Dillet if you want to know where the gains go when juicers stop training.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
thought this was gonna be about women that don't wanna give up p :(

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Well pro hormones were kinda big a few years back. I had ran about 5 cycles myself. I was pretty dumb and would buy into the companies oral test base(Cuz I was scared of the needle) and run that along with something like dmz and some liver supps for 4-6 weeks. And then I’d run Clomid and nolva from ironmagresearch or chem products for a standard pct. I recovered just fine. Most of the gains made were water weight of course and would dissipate when the cycle was over. Dangerous? Maybe if I got out of control and went crazy with dosing. Stupid? Yea cuz my first test cycle shitted on what I got from the phs. I’d say it’s not even worth the trouble just go with the almighty test and mess with orals later on.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So I got a question on this subject, say you ran a dbol cycle, and did it while on trt. Does that help someone keep some of the gains from the dbol or is it just not enough test to help in that way.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I got a question on this subject, say you ran a dbol cycle, and did it while on trt. Does that help someone keep some of the gains from the dbol or is it just not enough test to help in that way.

totally different. The TRT will keep tes in your system, this is purely oral only cycles. Which, ill admit, i did my fair share of PH runs when they were rolling big 5/6/7yrs back.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I like what HWC had to say.

Personally, I feel the use of an oral should be used as an enhancement to a cycle and not a cycle by itself.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
totally different. The TRT will keep tes in your system, this is purely oral only cycles. Which, ill admit, i did my fair share of PH runs when they were rolling big 5/6/7yrs back.

yeah I knew it was about oral only. Was trying to anticipate possible questions that a new person could have.
Hitting it from all sides LOL

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
Well pro hormones were kinda big a few years back. I had ran about 5 cycles myself. I was pretty dumb and would buy into the companies oral test base(Cuz I was scared of the needle) and run that along with something like dmz and some liver supps for 4-6 weeks. And then I’d run Clomid and nolva from ironmagresearch or chem products for a standard pct. I recovered just fine. Most of the gains made were water weight of course and would dissipate when the cycle was over. Dangerous? Maybe if I got out of control and went crazy with dosing. Stupid? Yea cuz my first test cycle shitted on what I got from the phs. I’d say it’s not even worth the trouble just go with the almighty test and mess with orals later on.
I was a "victim" to the prohormone phase in the late 80's/early 90's and it messed me up bad. Back then we had no internet available to do research and no books at the local book store. We relied on Bro-science. I believe it was the use of prohormones that caused my natural Test production to drop too low and never recover. I think, back in those days, prohormones contained stuff like dbol and the like. So when I hear of a newbie talking about an oral only cycle, I cringe. It literally is our job to educate this new bunch of guys & gals, then let them make an informed decision that they alone are responsible for. Over the past few years I have delved deeply into the medical/scientific aspect of gear and it has taught me a LOT of new things that have gone against the grain of typical (or old school) knowledge of gear usage. Sure, the old school methods work but why not use gear based upon science so we can use it in a safer manner. I've posted a few things that have gotten people's panties wadded up in a bunch, but hey, that's science bitch.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
How to address oral only proposals

walk up & smack um upside the head with uh cast iron frying pan

New Threads