If you think you have Coronavirus

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Hell yah. I typically take 1000-1500iu daily anyway.

Reactions: Jin

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Some good news!

Supplementing with 800iu of vitamin D daily is proven to help prevent/reduce the chances of ARDS (advanced respiratory distress syndrome; the manner in which covid kills).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gmqgGwT6bw0

there is no explanation for why the (few) cases of healthy, young patients have died.

Total speculation on my end: could have something to do with vitamin D deficiency based on the meta analysis discussed in the video.

It’s also interesting how few children have been effected. (Zero deaths and I think 2 severe cases) So far it’s behaved very different then everything else in that regards.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Hell yah. I typically take 1000-1500iu daily anyway.

The data shows that a more moderate daily dose is effective while more becomes counterproductive.

stick with 1000iu daily.

***if you use a multivitamin it may well
have enough vitamin D in it. Again, taking more than 800-1000iu will decrease the protective properties of supplementation.

More is not better.

Last edited:

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Some good news!

Supplementing with 800iu of vitamin D daily is proven to help prevent/reduce the chances of ARDS (advanced respiratory distress syndrome; the manner in which covid kills).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gmqgGwT6bw0

there is no explanation for why the (few) cases of healthy, young patients have died.

Total speculation on my end: could have something to do with vitamin D deficiency based on the meta analysis discussed in the video.

Wow Jin great info ... this is first time I've ever heard a reasonable explanation of why flu cases drop so much in the spring and summer ... the natural absorption of vitamin D ... due to people getting more sun in those months ... plz add this finding / recommendation to your 1st thread as tangible information everyone can use to lessen their risk to coronavirus and any virus for that matter ...

Reactions: Jin

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Google “University of Tennessee coronavirus cure”. Interesting

Hinderluck

Lady Member
Reaction score
i do hope this pandemic will end. It is really scary especially the symptoms are the same with influenza.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
UVn3mHG.jpg

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
One of the doctors I’ve found to have accurate information

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EuWo5lmWuZI

says studies out of France have founds taking NSAIDs leads to complications with Covid.

So dont take Aleve, IB profin or the like.

He recommends letting any fever run it’s course. If you need to take a fever reducer then take Tylenol.

Remember: the goal is not to have to use the medical system. Small things like this advice will help.

Not fear. Just helpful facts:)

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
One of the doctors I’ve found to have accurate information

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EuWo5lmWuZI

says studies out of France have founds taking NSAIDs leads to complications with Covid.

So dont take Aleve, IB profin or the like.

He recommends letting any fever run it’s course. If you need to take a fever reducer then take Tylenol.

Remember: the goal is not to have to use the medical system. Small things like this advice will help.

Not fear. Just helpful facts:)

*Deep inhale* Ahhhhhh the smell of fact based opinions that are meant to help not terrify.

Nice addition!

New Threads