Sup G

jor

Reaction score
Hey now,

New to the forum, Canadian ( Vancouver boy) moving to great old ALBERTA, Edmonton, the city of brotherly smells, because, well, seems like we've basically come full circle to feudalism again and I cant afford to fucking rent the house some rich Indian who moved here 2 years ago and bought 5 properties is renting to me. Browsed other UG forums back in my early 30s, now I'm nearly 40, moving to a place to setup my home gym again.

For the last 5 years I've just been doing cardio and I'm soft, real soft lmao. Look, we all know why I'm here, once you hit 40 there's no reason not to. I've thought a lot about baking some cakes, for cheap, with some Chinese baking powder, because it's cheap, the fucked up thing is I can't trust anyone randomly messaging me, and they can't trust I'm not literally glowing right now, but I'd be happy to, idk, VC on disc or smth.

Anyway, happy to be here, going to be real happy to get into good form again, for any younger brothers out there let me just say, is it EVER hard to pack on muscle again like your 20 after you cross 35, fuck ME I'm old.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to UG.

You may be here for the wrong reason but I'd like to set you straight on something. 35 y.o. is a lifters prime time and nipping at the heels of 40 is in itself not a reason to be turning to drugs.

He's my suggestion; get some BW done and then look into TRT.

Reaction score
Sup G right back. Like @snake said, 35 isn’t old. Not at all.

Get bloodwork done. That’s one of the few things ObamaCare achieved, you get a free physical every year. Talk to your doctor and have him order a comprehensive metabolic panel and have him add Testosterone (free and total) along with SHBG. When you get those results, you’ll be able to make a better informed decision. And you’ll be able to use that bloodwork as your baseline should you want to start banging the drugs.

If you’re not at your natural potential limit, the drugs won’t do much anyway. Learn to diet and train optimally or else you’ll only look like a slight above average dad bod… who takes drugs to achieve that. Pretty lame. But if you max out your diet and training you’ll stand out as the alpha dad of the neighborhood, smashing the minivan soccer moms and having all the Johnny and Timmys huddled around you asking you to teach them how to throw the football.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Hey now,

New to the forum, Canadian ( Vancouver boy) moving to great old ALBERTA, Edmonton, the city of brotherly smells, because, well, seems like we've basically come full circle to feudalism again and I cant afford to fucking rent the house some rich Indian who moved here 2 years ago and bought 5 properties is renting to me. Browsed other UG forums back in my early 30s, now I'm nearly 40, moving to a place to setup my home gym again.

For the last 5 years I've just been doing cardio and I'm soft, real soft lmao. Look, we all know why I'm here, once you hit 40 there's no reason not to. I've thought a lot about baking some cakes, for cheap, with some Chinese baking powder, because it's cheap, the fucked up thing is I can't trust anyone randomly messaging me, and they can't trust I'm not literally glowing right now, but I'd be happy to, idk, VC on disc or smth.

Anyway, happy to be here, going to be real happy to get into good form again, for any younger brothers out there let me just say, is it EVER hard to pack on muscle again like your 20 after you cross 35, fuck ME I'm old.
You don’t need drugs if you aren’t already in excellent shape. 40 is not that old. You should still be able to easily make gains. The only difference between lifting before and after 40 is that injury prevention becomes more of a priority. I’m almost 43 and I’m stronger than I was when I was 30.

Using drugs as a shortcut builds an unhealthy mentality when it comes to training. Dial in your diet and training, train consistently for a few years and then reevaluate hopping on the “cake.” Taking AAS when you don’t have the basics down isn’t going to do you any good. It’s like putting a slate roof on a crumbling hovel.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
To be honest...and I rarely am, the best reason to start perma-roids at 40 isn't because it drastically improves your workout or recovery. No no. It's so you don't feel like you're 40.

Getting old blows, man. Try not to do it, if possible.

Reader591

Reaction score
is it EVER hard to pack on muscle
Also, what is your diet like? Ever tracked? If so, what types of foods do you eat, how many calories, and what’s your protein intake?

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I only know one way how not to do it…… but it seems a little dark……

I’d take getting old 😂

Oof. Yeah...didn't really think that one through.

I meant like find an infinity pool of ageless wonder or something like that...not uh...the uh...115 grain exit strategy.

Reader591

Reaction score
Oof. Yeah...didn't really think that one through.

I meant like find an infinity pool of ageless wonder or something like that...not uh...the uh...115 grain exit strategy.
I know, I know. Just fun to poke at the obvious.

When you find this pool let me know. I can get an early start.

Reader591

Reaction score
I'm going to pee in the pool.
Everyone knows if you owe into the fountain of youth you instantly die.

Do what you want. I happily slash my face in it after…..

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
I'm going to call this intro the readers digest.
The horrible truth is 40 can be rough. At 40 my clinical depression go so bad i was a stay in at any number of hospitals. B4 anyone says the obvious even mental institutions. Not once did any doctor do a blood test. They just put me on more and more anti depressants.
So b4 you self diagnose your problems get that blood work.
Not too sure of Canada. But here it is 140 bucks for 4ml of test from a pharmacy on prescription. So trt can be expensive. Not something to give a go. In my case worth every cent.
Plenty guys said the obvious already so no need to tell you the time for muscle gains naturally isnt done yet. Maybe 10 more natty years left.
My point is at 40 your health is important. Too important to start blasting gear.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
Hey now,

Good periodized training and reasonably good diet will pack on muscle after 40. Don't let the numbers get to you.
But if you only did cardio for the last 5yrs then imo it's imperative that you do at least a good year of solid training before adding gear. Why waste that period where you are basically a novice again and muscle comes fast and easy? Get to a natural plateau first or it's just a waste of money time and health