Test e cycle to cruise or not?

Reaction score
Currently on week 12 of my test e only cycle. I was hitting 250 Mon and Thurs then bumped it to 300 around week 6. Had to switch from a local source halfway through and I'm realizing how shitty ugls can be. Ive been happy with my results so far though. I've gone from 167 to 184 and have seen great strength gains and libido is strong. Considering cruising till my next bulk cycle of dbol and test e. Any advice on whether I should cycle off or just cruise till next would be appreciated. I have nolva and clomid for pct if I choose to use it.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
How old are you?
Height?
How many cycles have you done?
Do you mind being on TRT for life?
Do you want (more) kids?
What are your goals?

Regardless of your height, at your weight I wouldn't consider you an advanced lifter and thus would recommend against it.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Jin asks all the pertinent questions. And what was your total test level before you cycled? You did get pre cycle labs right????

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply man. I take it you found my height and weight. This is my 3rd cycle but first two I was 22 and I did test e only then I did test e and dbol in same year. I wanna push this cycle out to about 15 weeks then cycle off. I just really wanna minimize my loss of gains that's why I wanna cruise but I guess that's just what will happen when cycling. My current goals are more aesthetic oriented for now but I would love to see improvement in my squat and bench. Bench is my weak point. No kids so yes I would eventually wan some so that is a good point to think about.

Reaction score
Negative I did not get pre cycle labs. I'm sure as I continue down this path I will continue to figure out the stuff I need to do to maintain my health. I have decent insurance so should I just do labs through my GP before and after from now on?

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Negative I did not get pre cycle labs. I'm sure as I continue down this path I will continue to figure out the stuff I need to do to maintain my health. I have decent insurance so should I just do labs through my GP before and after from now on?

Well the issue with getting labs like this done through your doctor is your doctor needs a reason to run them, not just because you asked. Do you plan to tell your doc that youre on aas?
You also should really learn as much as you can before you even start anything like this. There is a lot of info and one of the first things you learn is about getting blood checked before and a few weeks into a run. With as much info that is out there, and a ton of it is right here, this shouldnt be a learn as you go type thing. Sure there will be questions but the stuff you need to know about keeping yourself safe is all there for the reading.
Ill let one of the more exp guys touch on the whole cruising thing cause i dont know the answer to that one.

Reaction score
Sweet man thanks for the info. I'll continue to do some searches on here. Everyone I know who has been on gear is pretty uninformed with everything or they Trust what the person who gets them the stuff says. I've done some good research but seems like I have a long way to go.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Sweet man thanks for the info. I'll continue to do some searches on here. Everyone I know who has been on gear is pretty uninformed with everything or they Trust what the person who gets them the stuff says. I've done some good research but seems like I have a long way to go.

I had no idea the amount of stuff someone needs to know about all of this until i found this place. And it has been an invaluable resource. If you have questions ask, everyone is more than happy to help.

If you look at the to of this forum, there are 2 sticky posts up there that should almost be required reading for anyone new to this or that still has a lot of questions.

Last edited:

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah you should get labs done before you cycle, at least the first time. You need to have a baseline and know where you're at before you start messing with things, otherwise how are you gonna know where you stand after your cycle relative to your "normal" self before, well, before you fkd with things.

Reaction score
Which sub on this site can I find information to get blood tests done? Im still figuring out the search thing.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Being only 167 at the start of this tells me that diet is a bigger factor in muscle loss when you come off versus jewce. You don't need to cruise. You need to eat.

In fact. When you figure out how to eat successfully without steroids is when you will do amazingly well with steroids.

So for long term success I suggest you come off. But keep calories high and lift heavy.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Or even better, enlist the help of a nutritionist that is well-versed in building diet plans for people that are in this sport. Just doing that once could shortcut you a lifetime of trial and error.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Dude, learn more before injecting this shit. Muscle gains aint easy natural but theyre a lot harder if you screw yourself up for life going the easy route.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
why 16 weeks? Isn't the longer your cycle is, the longer it'll take to recover?

Maybe. But more likely the longer you cycle the less chance of recovery. Period. Full of otherwise.

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
I don't see how old he is now? I am coming up on 50 . made the decision to stay on.
No way if I was 35 I would have . and yes again and again. Aas is not magic . food and more food.
But people always say they eat enough until they actually track calories and see they are not.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
I don't see how old he is now? I am coming up on 50 . made the decision to stay on.
No way if I was 35 I would have . and yes again and again. Aas is not magic . food and more food.
But people always say they eat enough until they actually track calories and see they are not.

healthy foods at that.. it’s actually a lot!! Haha..

Reaction score

I'm 26. I was pretty naive when starting this cycle(still am). Stopped at 12 weeks and been doing my pct. im glad I didn't stay on. 1 week in trying to eat a lot and maintain this strength which I've lost a bit of but overall feel great. Still trying to learn all I can here.

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
It takes time man... Good you came off. Think of it this way. 300 pound bodybuilder takes 15 years to get there .
Say start at 180. Thats 8 pounds of real muscle a year. On gear ... Aas don't do magic

New Threads