Type 1 diabetic trying to gain weight

Reaction score
Good afternoon to all, I’m a young male with type 1 diabetes looking to gain weight pretty fast or at all. I work out but with type 1 diabetes it’s hard to put on serious mass. Any type 1 diabetics out there or know any tips let me know!

Reaction score
Good afternoon to all, I’m a young male with type 1 diabetes looking to gain weight pretty fast or at all. I work out but with type 1 diabetes it’s hard to put on serious mass. Any type 1 diabetics out there or know any tips let me know!
spam insulin, helps with both ur problems

Reaction score
I think a lot of old school guys put more enphasis on fats than carbs. May help to check out some 70's guys diets, bound to be a good bit of low carb ones

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I'd recommend talking to a registered dietician who works with athletes.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
type 1 as well. weight is not hard to put on. your issue is going to be using the insulin properly bc you have to have it to live and taking too much is going to tank your sugar. your biggest issue is going to be added fat bc taking a lot of slin will increase some fat storage if youre not careful

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Broadly speaking, the prescription for weight gain is the same for you as it would be for somebody with perfect metabolic health.

Eat at a 250-500 cal surplus with plenty of protein and a focus on whole foods while applying effective training protocols.

What does your current diet and training look like?

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
You are a brave puppy. Type 1 is hard enough. But adding bro science to the mix is madness. This is a conversation for your endo. Or doctor. Not general public.
Hi. Best wishes.

Reaction score
Get one of those wearable sensor systems, I use freestyle liber but there are others. You can set upper and lower limits and your phone will beep if you are at the preset limits. I keep snacks in my bag for just incase.

New Threads