What is now off the table.

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Last few weeks it seems like and kind of hip hinging. This may be due to mobility issues and sitting at a desk for the past 15 years lol

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
All chest press movements hurt my shoulders. Dips hurt. Surprisingly overhead press doesn’t bother me. Can’t overdo it on leg volume with my bitch ass quad tendons.

Gonna give up and just try Pilates and yoga.

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
All chest press movements hurt my shoulders. Dips hurt. Surprisingly overhead press doesn’t bother me. Can’t overdo it on leg volume with my bitch ass quad tendons.

Dips were killing for awhile. Then my new gym had an assisted dip. It helped me building back up to doing them without assist

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Dips were killing for awhile. Then my new gym had an assisted dip. It helped me building back up to doing them without assist

I can do that goofy seated dip machine but it isn’t the same. My shoulders are messed up bad but the more I strengthen my rear delts and back the better it gets. But legit cannot bench without almost being in tears

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
I can do that goofy seated dip machine but it isn’t the same. My shoulders are messed up bad but the more I strengthen my rear delts and back the better it gets. But legit cannot bench without almost being in tears
I have to arch my upper back so hard to be able to bench decent. And if I hit one rep out of that range of motion, my shoulder is fked for 2 weeks minimum

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
I have to arch my upper back so hard to be able to bench decent. And if I hit one rep out of that range of motion, my shoulder is fked for 2 weeks minimum

Yeah. If I can bend into a good PL position it’s somewhat better but same.

Thing is I’m not even old! Just worn out early.

Snake at 35 would have put me to shame. Snake at whatever his age now puts me to shame.

Reactions: PZT

white ape

Elite
Reaction score

I found dumbbell chest press with palms facing each other to be less painful.

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
I found dumbbell chest press with palms facing each other to be less painful.
The machine life over the last three months has been incredible for my physique. Never had a gym where I could use them as much. I mean I will always be an advocate for free weights for building a base but there were several times over the years where I could have prevent a lot of issue with machines or just not hit heavy pressing movements when i was already semi fked up lol. I hope I’m not leading by a horrible example to the youngins at my gym. All they see me doing is machines , not knowing a put 8-10 years straight into heavy compound moments

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
thats super bizarre!

i love the MAG attachments

I loved it too.

My only guess is that I strain myself by doing too many reps and/or too much weight. It's happened to me a few times now, the last time back in March.

With the dumbbell rows, it's 100% on me to move the weight so I have yet to overdo it.

BigChief1

Reaction score
Straight bar curls! This dam tennis elbow has put the kibosh on my straight bar curls.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Squat and deadlift.

This last herniation did me in. The stenosis is still bad.

I will definitely try again to get back into those two if I can.
Can I say heavy squats are off the table? Still can squat though
Would it make sense to avoid running at an early age to avoid it ever becoming a problem? or run while u can
Theres a lot at play here. Powerlifting and running do not make good bedfellows. Been lifting since I was 15 and now 57. You won't find many 57 y.o. that can still run short of guys that made that their sport

Human_Backhoe

Photoshop Picasso
Reaction score
Can I say heavy squats are off the table? Still can squat though

My left leg is numb and there is a few inches difference now between my legs. I would say body weight is enough at the moment haha. I can finally walk a km of two. Last month I couldn’t get my socks on.

I will squat again eventually

Hughinn

Reaction score
I know I'm over trained but need to extend my lifting cycle a few weeks until vacation. Elbows were barking pretty good 6 weeks ago so I cut out over head rope tri extensions. Now that the elbows are feeling fine, I tried them somewhat light last night... nope! Despite the fact I always loved the movement, I think they are now a NO-NO for my training.

Any of you guys have certain movements that you use to be able to do and now are off the table?

I feel you brother.

I've got a bunch of metal in my lower body, knee and ankle.

Because of it, I have a permanent limp.

My upper body is rock solid.

I struggle with my lower body just like you described. My ankle doesn't bend right fir deep squats, I have to spread my footprint out too much to target glutes.

My knee has a titanium pin in it, so leg extensions hurt when the bend is too deep.

Sometimes, I just have to focus on stretching the lower extremities and use them for cardio.

Getting old sucks 😔

But the lifting must go on...

Hughinn

Reaction score

I've found those stretches to be very helpful.

I'll never run a hundred yard dash like I did in my twenties. But I can climb, roll and grapple better than ever in my life because of those stretches.

I think you're on the right track friend

The only place we differ is that my upper body seems bullet proof.
So many years of pushing, pulling on wrenches and tools has it nearly indestructible.

But that goddamn ankle/knee hip area is always a problem

Janoy Cresva

Reaction score
I used to do heavy dips, but the strain on my shoulders was too much so I cut them out.

Jonjon

Reaction score
I’m only 39 but my knees, especially my right knee hurts when I squat. I still do them but it literally takes half my leg day just to get them warmed up and then I can’t do much weight. I’ve tried different positions but it always hurts

Vertical leg press doesn’t bother me at all but my little gym doesn’t have one. Wish I could eliminate squats altogether but for now they’re a necessity

New Threads