What is the latest thoughts/info on Nandrolone RE: Heart Issues

JeffGoldblumLips

Reaction score
As far as the mental side effects, nandrolone is known to increase serum levels of homovanillic acid, which indicates that dopamine is being metabolized more rapidly than normal. This explains why socalled "DHT derivatives" can reduce these mental side effects, since a lot of users report that DHTs make them feel good.
Does this mean that 19nors cause your brain to produce more dopamine, or just metabolize it faster? Or is that the same thing? Do dopaminergic drugs as a whole also raise homovanillic acid?

What do DHT derivatives do to this process that reduce the side effects? I was under the impression DHT derivatives did not cross the blood/brain barrier.

crido887

Reaction score
It is odd because my daughter is borderline anemic and on occasion has to take ferritin pills.
Iron deficiency anemia is either diet based, issues with absorption of the gut lining, or prolonged bleeding. Some women who are heavy bleeders which will cause iron loss

Reaction score
There are some really interesting studies on TB500 repairing damaged heart tissue if y'all feel like doing some googling on it. So it may be possible this type of damage could be prevented or corrected with tb500.

Jonjon

Reaction score
My trt has almost always included nandrolone for the last 2.5 years. Right now it’s 100 test, 200 deca. No need for P5p at this dose but I do take it when I go above 400 nandrolone

I love it. Gives me a good sex drive and sense of well being. Also it allows me to take a higher androgen load as I can’t run test very high without an ai.

Reaction score
Does this mean that 19nors cause your brain to produce more dopamine, or just metabolize it faster? Or is that the same thing? Do dopaminergic drugs as a whole also raise homovanillic acid?

What do DHT derivatives do to this process that reduce the side effects? I was under the impression DHT derivatives did not cross the blood/brain barrier.
I am unsure if it applies to all 19-nors, but nandrolone seems to cause the body to metabolize dopamine faster (not the same thing as increasing production).

Dopaminergic drugs can cause increases in HVA, depending on their mechanism of action. Reuptake inhibitors probably would not cause much change in HVA values, but a drug that stimulates extra production of dopamine (e.g., amphetamines) would cause an increase in HVA levels.

Admittedly, I am not well-versed in the inner workings of androgens in the brain, but as far as I know, androgens modulate the action of dopamine in the prefrontal cortex. I don't think that we have any studies that show definitively that DHTs do this, but based on anecdotal reports from many users, these drugs seem to produce a semi-euphoria, which is indicative of an increase in dopamine levels, either by an increase in production (most likely), decrease in metabolism, or by inhibiting reuptake.

I have never heard that they can't cross the BBB. As far as I know, all androgens can permeate. Some corticosteroids are slow to cross but those are not the same as AASs (this may be where the confusion started).

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score

19's reprogram your brain dude lol it's a mad monster. Like swapping out your sim card. So like most things we process go through the cerebrum , thoughts , memories , intelligence.

Emotions process through the cerebral cortex.

19's , Tren being the real beast switches our brains to process almost all of that through the amygdala , which is what's normally responsible for our fight or flight among other things.

The fight or flight response is what triggers the release of dopamine when we perceive a threat.

I'm no Dr or clinician but just that leads me to believe that 19's can flood you with dopamine. Your fight or flight is kicking in several times a day.

Seems to just be the nature of the beast.

Reaction score
The fight or flight response is what triggers the release of dopamine when we perceive a threat.
Dopamine is the pleasure chemical in our bodies, not the fight-or-flight hormone. This is associated with cortisol, adrenaline, and noradrenaline.

19-nors do not "flood the brain with dopamine". In fact, it seems to be the exact opposite.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts about astaxanthin or telmisartan on nandrolone as far as preventing possible sides. Wondering if using them as a prophylactic just in case.

I also read this post last night that seems to state similar things I have read from various "experts"