So, you injected into a vein, now what?

Reaction score
First of all, I'm on TRT and have a question.

I always aspirate, but what if you accidentally do inject right into a vein?

What should you do?

Call 911 immediately?
See how you feel, and if like shit, call 911?
Immediately drive to hospital?

I only inject half a cc. at a time. What's my worst-case scenario and what should I do if I suddenly realize I just injected into a blood vessel because I suddenly feel weird?

What are the symptoms of injecting into a blood vessel anyway? Will it be way obvious and IMMEDIATE???

Btcowboy

Reaction score
Pretty sure its very unlikely if you inject at 90 deg. I am also sure it would be dependent on total amount injected into vein as well.

I dont aspirate at all and have never, knock on wood, never had an issue. You will likely have it aspirate out through the lungs and again may or may not be a major issue.

I am speaking with my thought and knowledge which isn't much on this subject, I am sure others more knowledgeable here will comment.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I am no clinician , from what I understood as it was explained to me was that if I accidentally hit blood vessel it would wash through my system and be gone much faster causing a big spike n drop in serum levels but no serious adverse effects. It was also suggested as possible but unlikely in the case of a large injection the oil might be able to cause a thromboembolism , the oil being much thicker than blood and essentially causing a clog. It could possibly pass through the heart and make it to the lungs I would also imagine causing issues in extreme cases gone wrong. Again I am no clinician just some of the things I was explained when I had the same question an searched for answers.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The likelihood of this ever happening is astronomically small, even if your intramuscular injection technique is subpar.

That being said, if an oil embolism DID occur, you'd probably notice respiratory distress pretty soon after administration and would be advised to dial 911 post-haste.

ftf

Reaction score
A friend of mine told me he hit a vein once and ended up in the ER with a collapsed lung.

Reaction score
I’ve read it is only necessary to aspirate in the glute. I do every time . I do not aspirate in the Delt as it’s hard to do so without wiggling the needle so much, which gives me pip. I’m new to hitting delts . Anybody else in the same boat ?

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
I’ve read it is only necessary to aspirate in the glute. I do every time . I do not aspirate in the Delt as it’s hard to do so without wiggling the needle so much, which gives me pip. I’m new to hitting delts . Anybody else in the same boat ?
You don’t need to aspirate — it’s a waste of time. They don’t even teach it in medical school anymore. Just stick to the injection spots that are used for medical IM injections and you’ll be fine since there’s nothing for you to hit in those spots.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
You can get a nasty cough
Think Tren cough.
Might feel like your dying.... you're not.
Might pass out, probably not.
Sure if you throw like 5ml of oil, the embolism wont be fun, but let face it...you'll probably.be fine.

This fear is along the same lines as fear of air in an injection... meaningless.
Shit, I dont even want to know the amount of air required to kill someone, would be outrageous

MrBafner

Reaction score
I've seen people shoot bourbon and coke into their vein at a bikers weekend live party. They partied hard all night long .. was completely shocked, but they said it hits much faster than drinking it.

I gather from that .. wouldn't worry too much if you did.

Please NEVER try this .. these people looked pretty fkd up

GreatGunz

Elite
Reaction score
if ur worried do sub Q injections………Now nick a vessel with tren that’s a whole different conversation

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Head in the freezer coughing so hard ur seeing spots

Passed out on my first onI thought
"This is the end, they will find me with an empty rig of Tren Ace... with my pants down in the washroom.... fuck"

A friend recommended running alcohol, so I upgraded to smelling salts.
Keep inhaling lightly, the adrenaline rush combats the cough.
So ling as you hold back the cough, if I cough once... it's over, I'll cough until I almost feel like dying.
But if I can whiff the salts and hold back the first cough,
good to go in 5 minutes

Reaction score
First of all, I'm on TRT and have a question.

I always aspirate, but what if you accidentally do inject right into a vein?

What should you do?

Call 911 immediately?
See how you feel, and if like shit, call 911?
Immediately drive to hospital?

I only inject half a cc. at a time. What's my worst-case scenario and what should I do if I suddenly realize I just injected into a blood vessel because I suddenly feel weird?

What are the symptoms of injecting into a blood vessel anyway? Will it be way obvious and IMMEDIATE???
Bro dont worry. Worst case scenario you cough a little

Reaction score
You can call 911 but remember, by the time you realized you did it you will be hacking violently. How long do you think it’ll take for the paramedics to get there? Is your door unlocked? So 911 won’t be the answer.

Fortunately, you’re not injecting enough to cause a serious issue anyway and you’d be wasting 911s time. You’d have to directly hit the vein, when all you hit is probably a minor blood vessel. You’d also have to inject more than 3 cc. It takes more than 3 cc of air to cause an embolism.

Just do your best to relax. Slow your breathing and ride it out. You’ll be fine. It’s unpleasant but not life or death.

Btcowboy

Reaction score
Passed out on my first onI thought
"This is the end, they will find me with an empty rig of Tren Ace... with my pants down in the washroom.... fuck"

A friend recommended running alcohol, so I upgraded to smelling salts.
Keep inhaling lightly, the adrenaline rush combats the cough.
So ling as you hold back the cough, if I cough once... it's over, I'll cough until I almost feel like dying.
But if I can whiff the salts and hold back the first cough,
good to go in 5 minutes
Exactly why I got capped tren a in the cupboard lol

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
You can call 911 but remember, by the time you realized you did it you will be hacking violently. How long do you think it’ll take for the paramedics to get there? Is your door unlocked? So 911 won’t be the answer.

Fortunately, you’re not injecting enough to cause a serious issue anyway and you’d be wasting 911s time. You’d have to directly hit the vein, when all you hit is probably a minor blood vessel. You’d also have to inject more than 3 cc. It takes more than 3 cc of air to cause an embolism.

Just do your best to relax. Slow your breathing and ride it out. You’ll be fine. It’s unpleasant but not life or death.

Closer to 100ml of air
Shit, I usually get 5 or more ml on a hydration IV right off the batt.
I rarely drink, but when I do I drink with a Paramedic buddy who makes sure I have zero hangover or hydration issues in the morning.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Exactly why I got capped tren a in the cupboard lol
Salts bro
Works everytime... and you have the good shit.
I couldn't find any of that Ward you recommended, I'm stuck with bottled insanity for the time being
Not that I'm hitting any PRs anytime soon

New Threads